What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Movies based on video games is a genre that sees more failures than successes. It’s hard to imagine that Paul W.S. Anderson’s Resident Evil movie franchise managed to survive six films, supposedly coming to its conclusion with Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. The film is a fun ride, with some nice action set pieces, but just about anyone can see the ending and plot “surprises” a mile away.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Already have this one, have to flip a coin next weekend whether to watch it or Unforgiven UHD first.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Already have this one, have to flip a coin next weekend whether to watch it or Unforgiven UHD first.

I have it too... Probably watch this and War Dogs tonight. I didn't notice Blood Wars being really dark either but I believe the size of my display alters appearance. I'm not question the review but just getting a baseline.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Dark is probably a bad word, for me I think it had less pop because they were restrained in their use of HDR IMO. I thought it looked great, but saw some reviews stated black crush or loss of detail. I did not see that.

I think I am getting spoiled by the spectracal highlights of HDR in things like buildings at night, street lights, car lights, etc..., and when I don't see it I get a little let down LOL. Spoiled...

There is a scene in jessica jones where she is outside the bar and luke cage is taking out the trash. From the white snow to the dark night sky, to the neon lights of the bar to the street lights, the contrast ratio on the OLED is ridiculous. I love it.

I do really want a larger screen though, next year might have me looking into a 75" Sony 940E if it does well this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks