What's new

Resident Evil SuperBit ... uncut? (1 Viewer)

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I've heard that the superduper collector's edition was going to have more supplements, but still remain uncut.

... what about the Superbit title? Is the Superbit replacing the superduper collector's edition or is it a third version?

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Yes, and quite extensively if rumors are indeed true.
The rumors aren't true. Listen to the commentary track and the director will tell you himself that very little gore was cut. After Event Horizon, he knew what he could and couldn't get away with in regards to the MPAA and an R rating. This is why I'm so confused about everyone discussing a director's cut for additional gore. Don't assume that because it's a horror movie there was gore cut.
If there is a director's cut, which I doubt there will be, expect maybe a handful of additional scenes back in, and maybe just a bit of additional gore that most people won't even notice.

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
*nod*

I've read (and heard) the same thing Dave is referring to. Supposedly, there isn't a whole lot that was cut to begin with.

Anyone know when this SuperBit version is scheduled for release?

Scott.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I've never heard about a Superbit version, just an SE, but Superbit is a bunch of lies anyway, check any of your Superbit DVDs, they are under 6gigs, with 3 gigs of space wasted on a dual layered DVD. Hell, Trading Places has a bigger fileset than Panic Room, I'll call it SuperDuperBit.

But anyway, as Paul WS Anderson said himself in many interviews, nothing was cut from the movie, they got an R rating on the FIRST showing to MPAA, because as Dave said he knew what was ok and what wasn't after screwing around back and forth with Event Horizon, so there won't be any Director's Cut because this is a dir's cut and he's been given all the freedom he wanted during the making and cutting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks