What's new

Resident Evil DVD! (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anders

The explanation that Umbrella wanted to save their investment is a good one, except that in several places in the movie people state that they are there trying to determine what happened in the Hive. Then it really gets dumb when the scientist at the end says " he is starting to mutate, I want him in the nemesis project". The scientist then follows up with (paraphrasing) "Find out if she is infected", which is then followed up with "and we are re-opening the Hive....to find out what happened in there!". D'oh......who was this guy?......Homer Simpson?!

That is only one of the things that made this movie stupid beyond my expectations. I had a few good laughs out of this movie, so it wasn't a total waste of time. I thought parts of the soundtrack were pretty good, especially at the end. The music fit that shot well.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I just have to say I didn't miss a frame Mof illa Jovovich when I saw this in the theater. My eyes stayed very wide open when she was on screen. I won't need the frame-by-frame or zoom to confirm anything. That doesn't mean I won't use it of course, at least when the gf's out. :)
p.s. I really liked this movie. I think it was everything it set out to be. I'd like to think I'd have liked it even without the babe factor, but Milla puts it off the scale. It was even worth catching "Return to the Blue Lagoon" on Encore for additional doses.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Maybe not "evil" per se, But RQ certainly took a sadistic pleasure in having Spencer being eaten by the bad-CG monster at the train platform.
Why did you think so. I just rewatched that scene, and RQ was more or less just stating what was happening (when asked). Lack of remorse, yes... But sadistic pleasure? No, just a lack of emotion.
--Anders

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
One of the worst Zombie movies I've ever seen. If you're going to do a zombie film, then commit to it. This film never knew what it wanted to be. The pumping music never let tension build. No tension = no scares. They had plenty of opportunity for some nice gore and wasted it. It had potential, but failed in almost every sense. The ending was kind of nice, but predictable. Definitely won't be on my list to watch again.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I wouldn't call this a zombie film. It's more sci-fi/action, with a few zombies thrown in for good measure.
Garrett,
The "chicken-wire" death was previously done in Cube. Director Anderson full admits in the commentary that the sequence is an homage to that earlier film.
I rented this disc and enjoyed it quite a bit, in spite of the numerous flaws in the film. I'll probably go ahead and buy the 2-disc version. It's a lot of fun. Video and sound are both very good.
Best parts of the commentary: when we are told that the movie shows us the dangers of tampering with "genealogy". Michelle Rodriguez constantly mispronouncing "Jovovich." The whole "We are going to talk through the whole movie? Cool!" As funny as it all was, let's hope the director gets one to himself on the next disc.
Also, for those looking for the Jovovich nudity at the end, just listen to the commentary...she helpfully points it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks