What's new

Resident Evil DVD! (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Man if this DD track is as Loud as you guys are describing, I wonder how much louder, if possible, a DTS track will sound if Columbia intends on adding one to the SE later?

Can't wait to find out... :)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm now curious as too what exactly this new 2 disc set will have. There's an interview with the director up at dvdfile.com. He nows states that no violence was cut out. I believe he has stated before that there was stuff cut out for the r rating. Also, he did state that it will be released in 2003. And they did talk about Event Horizon but he never covered if he plans on rereleasing it with a new cut! He didn't talk about the cuts.
Thanks

Matt Bloxham

Agent
Saw this in the theater, and I really enjoyed it. I know it was going to make a great DVD, but I did'nt know that it would sound this good. The DD track kicks major ass and the use of the surronds is nonstop. The video transfer looks pretty good on my 32"XBR.

Good popcorn action movie!

This is now one of my new demo discs :b

Matt

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Good popcorn movie, but it has the worst commentary ever with Milla coming off sounding so annoying ('Forget that, there's my nipple !') that I quit listening to it after about 15 minutes.

Eric Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
passed this up in the theater but I just rented it. I give it two thumbs up for a good horror-actioner. The slicing and dicing disturbed me a bit. Needed more blood IMO. Overall, good film and I went out and purchased it.

now a curiousity:

The Red Queen goes out of its way to contain the pandemic virus outbreak (by coldly killing everyone in the Hive and sealing it) and what does Umbrella Corp do after? THEY OPEN THE HIVE! That's the absolutely last thing they should have done in that event

anyway.. I like movies that explore the risks of genetic and biological events such as this one. Andromeda Strain... Outbreak... those type of movies.

anyway, I'm babbling. This is good buy IMO.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I rented this the other night. I thought it was just ok. Of course, being a big fan of zombie movies, I was disappointed that there was so little gore. I mean, a zombie movie isn't a zombie movie unless we get to see the zombies actually eating someone. :)

Troy_M

Stunt Coordinator
This movie does have some great sound for not having a DTS track. It utilizes the surrounds to the fullest. I can't remember many moments when I didn't hear sounds coming from all around me; the ambience was on point. If they keep doing DD tracks like this, I might not get dissapointed when I see that a movie doesn't contain a DTS track. I've been a fan of the RE games from day one, and I think that any one who really appreciates the game will appreciate this movie. This is definitely the best videogame to movie out there. Tomb Raider is one of my all-time favorite games, but I hated that movie with a passion, that movie made money off of hype alone cuz it sucked after the first 10 min. I know Resident Evil 2 is going to be off tha hook!

Jim Golden

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I have a different interpretation of what "full" nudity means. I did notice a from behind "nipple" shot, but other than that I didn't see any nudity in this film.

Jim

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Jim,

Watch during the end scene, where Milla falls off the table after pulling the wires out. It's very fast, but there is a "flash" there.

The film itself was just good fun. It had some serious logical flaws, such as what Eric pointed out. But, I overlooked that and just had fun watching Milla look hot and kick ass.

Bruce

John_W_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
RE is currently sold out at my local BB. Last Tuesday, when I picked my copy up, there were at least 50 of 'em.
There's no shortage of Collateral Damage discs, though.

Jim Golden

Stunt Coordinator
Bruce:

I'll take a "slower" look at the table scene in the end. Hmmm, I might even give my zoom function a try.

Jim

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Bruce, Jim.. "Don't get me started" ;)
When I watched it at my friend's house after picking it up. He spent 7 minutes looking at each frame during the whole falling sequence. He found 3 frames, of different footage (is it still footage even though it's a still?) of the mulberry bush. :) Also, looks like it hurt, the way her leg looks totally limp as if she had some kind of syndrome and the way she fell.
-Bert

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Jim...don't worry...as soon as I saw that scene, I knew it was a candidate for slow-motion payback. At least the girl ain't shy :D
Bruce

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just watched this tonight over a freinds house, solid fright fest! I'll be picking this up on Friday.
I have only seen glimpses of the game, but was familliar with the basic premise and charactors, like the zombies and the licker monster, and this didn't degrade my enjoyment one bit! I've always been somewhat of a sucker for movies with Die Hard-type scenarios where a hero or heros are trapped in a place with hostile baddies pursuing them, and these are some hostile baddies boy! The zombies in this film would make even George Romero piss himself!
Great atmosphere, great action and suspense, referrance quality audio, no DTS track is needed here, any louder than this DD track would be way too harsh, and a pretty good video transfer, just made for a very good time.
And oh yes, Milla Jovavich is insanly, painfully, unbearably hot in this movie!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
I could stare all day into those intense and beautiful eyes! I don't know why she was wearing that sexy little red dress, but you know what guy's, I don't give a shit! :)

Trevor H

Second Unit
The reason this disc sounds so loud is because it has a dialnorm setting of +3dB, so if you normally listen to your DVD's at -10dB below reference then when you listen to this one at -10dB it will actually be playing at -7dB
I really liked this movie and while I don't think a dts track could make much of an improvement on the sound (one of the best sounding discs of the year, IMO) I wouldn't mind a 2-disc Superbit release.
...and yeah Milla looks really hot, as usual :D

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Eric:
The Red Queen goes out of its way to contain the pandemic virus outbreak (by coldly killing everyone in the Hive and sealing it) and what does Umbrella Corp do after? THEY OPEN THE HIVE! That's the absolutely last thing they should have done in that event

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks