Resident Evil DVD!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris_Hall, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Chris_Hall

Chris_Hall Auditioning

I didn't get a chance to see this in the movie theatre, but the dvd has good video and excellent sound. Awesome soundtrack through out the movie, very bass heavy. Wish it was in DTS, but what can you do. I am afraid to admit it, but at a certain part in the movie I almost jumped out of my seat(i dont think i was paying too much attention and a dead guy caught me off guard.) Perhaps it was just good with my new reciever. LOL. When this DVD comes out on Tuesday I recommend you rent it, just for the sound track. Although to be honest, it could just be my reciever, because Requeim for a dream sounded really good, although maybe that has a good soundtrack also..

Thats just my 2cents. I would make a better post, but I gotta go to work in a few minutes..

2. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

Welcome to HTF Chris/
    I am really looking forward to this disc too -- I also missed it in the theater and will pick it up though.
    Any movie that has a half in the buff Milla Jovavich and zombies is ok with me [​IMG]

3. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

Looking forward to this dvd too. I did see it in the movies and was really suprised to find that I enjoyed the heck out of it. For a movie based on a video game! Personally I liked it better than Tomb Raider.

4. Dharmesh C

Dharmesh C Supporting Actor

Walked all over Tomb Raider, but the film relied on Dawn of the Dead a lot [​IMG]
    Great Dolby track, make sure it's loud, it should give you a few jumps [​IMG]

5. TonyL

TonyL Auditioning

Milla is "full" in the buff in this one. [​IMG]

6. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I personally loved this film and the ending is awesome IMO. THe one thing that bothered me the most was continuity of how they got from here to there past the zombies? Too bring this too tpoic though, hopefully the directors cut will take care of this but from what I've heard, it's only about 3 minutes cut out and not all of that is violence. Hopefully I'm wrong about the 3 minutes. Either way, I will both both discs and hopefully a lot of other people will buy this as well. Milla will get butt implants!!

7. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

I have never seen this film, but I am on the fence about getting it, but since they have announced a 2 disc SE is coming, I'll just wait for that one to come out.

8. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

Mike, I am with you on this one, since I've heard about the 2discer coming down the pike, I am holding out on this one too. Really hoping it has DTS track on it to boot!! [​IMG]
    Regards
    troy

9. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

I rented this tonight...haven't thrown it in yet but, i will. [​IMG]

10. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
    I saw RE yeasterday, what a great action movie!!

11. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

This was an excellent horror film, and I've been eagerly awaiting its DVD release ever since I saw it at the theater! I knew it would be great, because I love zombie films, and I love Milla Jovovich! I'll be picking this DVD up, as well as the upcoming more special SE.

12. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Does anyone know how much extra footage will be included on the SE? Though I somewhat enjoyed the movie, my main problem was the lack of gore in certain scenes and I could tell that it had been edited at times. I'll just wait and see I guess.

13. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

just watched the DVD about a half hour ago. i have not read any of these posts yet, so as not to get biased.

aggressive sound mix. LFE was thumpin away.... maybe a bit too much.

no real extras besides a featurette (did not see)

some trailers: spiderman, xxx, mib2, final fantasy, formula 51 (looks cool!).

hell, i'll come right out and say it.. there are some cool moments but overall the movie lacked so much and the acting was pretty piss-poor. I love zombies, I love gore, I love sci-fi. I hated this movie and if it wasn't for the gratuitous t&a (that seemed to be misplaced and only there to keep the viewer from nodding off)... er..

Movie 2/5
    Video 8/10
    Audio 7/10

Could've been a direct-to-video.

14. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

15. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

16. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Colin: I didn't click on the featurette menu.. so yes I didn't have time to check it out (wasn't interested). thanks for the clarification though.

17. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I had read on a couple sites that the DVD has an alternative ending. Is that not on the disc?

18. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

19. Aaryn Chan

Aaryn Chan Supporting Actor

What possible ending can it have? I thought it had the best ending possible.

20. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Uh-oh...