Resident Evil availability on GameCube?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by John Madia, Apr 30, 2004.

1. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

With the $20 price tag for both Resident Evil 1 and 0 on Gamecube, I'm thinking about getting a GameCube sooner than later. Since I want to play both Resident Evil 1 and 0 but don't have much interest in other games for the Cube, I was thinking about picking one up near the end of it's life at a cheap price. However, I don't think it's going to get much cheaper than it currently is.

My question is how long before Resident Evil 1 and 0 become rare? I don't like buying used games so I'd want them new. Am I better off picking them up now or should I wait? I'm in no rush to get them and I have a feeling that all the Resident Evil titles get reissued once 4 comes out.

Also, how long is the contract between Capcom and Nintendo for?

2. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Screenwriter

Bryan
    John,

I'd pick the games up sooner rather than later; while I'm not sure on when the contract between Nintendo and Capcom expires, retailers traditionally carry less stock of GameCube titles. If you see them, I'd pick them up. There probably won't be a reissue of the games when RE 4 comes out, because they didn't do anything special for RE 0.

Bryan

3. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

There probably won't be a reissue of the games when RE 4 comes out, because they didn't do anything special for RE 0.

What I meant was they might reissue them under the player's choice (Is that the right name for their budget line?) banner. Same games, lower price.

4. Ken Bentley

Ken Bentley Second Unit

i dont think they will get the players choice. they didnt sell well.. i have them all for the game cube..

you can get them all for new fo rabout $20 bucks now.. best buy has resident evil code veronica priced at $20 new... and i got the others at a used store they are very hard to find... so if you can find them get them.... even if its before you get the system.. they wont reishue these games....

5. Adam_Garris

Adam_Garris Supporting Actor

I've been trying to complete my RE collection for the GC just here recently. The following are you best bets for each title.

RE0 - $20 new at www.EBgames.com
    RE - $20 new at www.EBgames.com
    RE2 - $30 new at www.BestBuy.com
    RE3 - $30 new at www.BestBuy.com
    RE CV - $20 new at BestBuy B&M (use ggc to get additional $5 off)

Going with those options, you can have the complete RE collection on GC for roughly ~$120. Personally, I've followed the above and only have RE2 and RE3 left to purchase. Still not sure if they're worth $30 each. I may wait and see if a better deal happens.

6. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

Those PS1 ports are mega ripoff's. even at $30.

7. Adam_Garris

Adam_Garris Supporting Actor

Agreed; however, I'm interested in them for the simple fact that it would allow me to have the complete RE on a single system. Hopefully patience will pay off in a price drop. If not, I'll probably pickup the PS1 versions.

8. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Actually, Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero are now both Player's Choice titles, and they did sell pretty well. It's the reissuses of the other games which didn't do so well.

I just thought I'd clear that up.

9. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Didn't sell well at charging brand-new prices for an old ps1 port? Can't imagine why... Now, had they released RE 2, 3 and CV as a compilation disc, then maybe, but not at those prices. Still, I might grab 2 and 3 if I could get em for say 10 bucks each, but that's about the most I'd spend to have these on the cube.