Resident Evil 4-Not until 2004

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Bennett, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Man...maybe it's because I'm not really a fan of the series but its seems like these are coming out all the time. Cool if you like it though.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

It's been a while since a NEW RE game came out, but if RE4 delivers all those amazing things it's supposed to, then it should be something cool.

Then again, Devil May Cry started out as RE4, so I wonder if that says anything about where it was going.

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

5. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Actually Morgan it's been like all of a few weeks since a new Resident Evil came out :p). If you're suggesting that we should get them every couple weeks though, I heartily agree, though I dunno if my wallet can stand it [​IMG].
    I'm going to pick up the re-releases of Res Evil 2 and 3 next year anyhoo, since they'll probably be cheap and the graphics look rather sharp (in that dated sort of way).

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Speaking of Code Veronica and older RE games, I do believe Capcom has lost thier mind:
    RE2
    RE3
    40 dollars? For 2 ports of games that you can buy on 3 alternate systems for less than 20 dollars. OOOOOOK Capcom.

8. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

They should go on sale quicly after release, just like the other RE Cube games.

9. Romier S

Romier S Producer

10. James T

James T Screenwriter

is there any plans for the RE series to have a couple games come out on the Xbox first? Or even if they are coming to the Xbox?

11. Dave Bennett

James T,
    The Resident Evil series is excluvsive to the gamecube through 2004(or later but I'm not sure). No RE games will be coming out for the XBox AFAIK.
    Edit-Just realized I forgot about RE Online for the PS2. I should rephrase that. The RE remake,RE 0, and RE 4 are Cube exclusive.

12. James T

James T Screenwriter

Probably not for Xbox anytime soon, but it's not exclusive for the Gamecube. The PS2 has an online version coming out. Check out www.gamespot.com
    I wonder how an online RE game will work. The last words of text in the trailer are something like "your best friend could be your worst foe"

13. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Sigh. That's a bit of a pain in the butt I must say. I think Capcom is slightly off their gourds unless the secret MEGATON!!!!!! (who's sick of that word? [​IMG]) announcement is that they secretly updated both games and are going to release them with ZERO publicity [​IMG].
    A double-pack, sure. Singly? I'm going to have a helluva time justifying this (though I will, eventually...). Code Veronica I could see, since it's a relatively new game, but geeze...
    Such is life though. And who knows, maybe those are over-estimates that will suddenly revert to sane pricing [​IMG]. You know, DESPITE shipping in 24 hours which renders all that untrue [​IMG].

14. Romier S

Romier S Producer

15. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Speaking of Gun Survivor, they're making another one of those for PS2, also.

16. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

I'd advise anyone thinking of picking up Resident Evil2 for the Gamecube to read the review on Gamespot...not good.

17. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

18. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

19. Dave Bennett

Josh,
    As far as I know, despite the delayed release, RE 4 is most definitely exclusive to the cube. Their was a recent announcement that the other "Capcom 5" (Viewtiful Joe, Dead Phoenix, PN03, and the other one) may not be cube exclusive and may come out for other consoles. However when they announced this they reiterated that RE4 is and was always exclusive to the cube.

20. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Its not that the games are exclusive until 2004, but they're exclusive up to Resident Evil 4. So it's pretty much a 6 game deal (RE0,1,2,3,4,CV).

RE2 and 3 were supposed to come out at $19.99, but they moved the price up. Bad move, but oh well.

Oh, and RE2/3 are based on the DC versions.