What's new

Resident Evil 4-Not until 2004 (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Man...maybe it's because I'm not really a fan of the series but its seems like these are coming out all the time. Cool if you like it though.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's been a while since a NEW RE game came out, but if RE4 delivers all those amazing things it's supposed to, then it should be something cool.

Then again, Devil May Cry started out as RE4, so I wonder if that says anything about where it was going.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Actually Morgan it's been like all of a few weeks since a new Resident Evil came out :p). If you're suggesting that we should get them every couple weeks though, I heartily agree, though I dunno if my wallet can stand it :D.
I'm going to pick up the re-releases of Res Evil 2 and 3 next year anyhoo, since they'll probably be cheap and the graphics look rather sharp (in that dated sort of way).

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Code Veronica and older RE games, I do believe Capcom has lost thier mind:
RE2
RE3
40 dollars? For 2 ports of games that you can buy on 3 alternate systems for less than 20 dollars. OOOOOOK Capcom.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
They should go on sale quicly after release, just like the other RE Cube games.
No doubt, though Resident Evil Zero still carries a 49.99 retail price tag (RE remake is at 29.99 currently I believe, which is even more amusing to think you can get RE remake 10 dollars cheaper than both of these two games;)). I can't help but find it remarkably silly to give what are essentially 4 year old ports the same price tag as say Ratchet and Clank.
I guess the thought process here could be they might as well make as much money as possible on these releases considering thier age (speculation on my part of course). Though, taking into consideration the fact that both of these games were released on the Dreamcast at a retail price of 19.99, I'd be curious as to the real reason behind the decision to hike the price.

James T

Screenwriter
is there any plans for the RE series to have a couple games come out on the Xbox first? Or even if they are coming to the Xbox?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
James T,
The Resident Evil series is excluvsive to the gamecube through 2004(or later but I'm not sure). No RE games will be coming out for the XBox AFAIK.
Edit-Just realized I forgot about RE Online for the PS2. I should rephrase that. The RE remake,RE 0, and RE 4 are Cube exclusive.

James T

Screenwriter
Probably not for Xbox anytime soon, but it's not exclusive for the Gamecube. The PS2 has an online version coming out. Check out www.gamespot.com
I wonder how an online RE game will work. The last words of text in the trailer are something like "your best friend could be your worst foe"

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Sigh. That's a bit of a pain in the butt I must say. I think Capcom is slightly off their gourds unless the secret MEGATON!!!!!! (who's sick of that word? :D) announcement is that they secretly updated both games and are going to release them with ZERO publicity ;).
A double-pack, sure. Singly? I'm going to have a helluva time justifying this (though I will, eventually...). Code Veronica I could see, since it's a relatively new game, but geeze...
Such is life though. And who knows, maybe those are over-estimates that will suddenly revert to sane pricing ;). You know, DESPITE shipping in 24 hours which renders all that untrue :D.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Probably not for Xbox anytime soon, but it's not exclusive for the Gamecube. The PS2 has an online version coming out.
It is exclusive to the Gamecube. The main Resident Evil series (the single player series that began on the PS1) is exclusive until 2004. Resident Evil Online is considered and "offshoot" ala the Gun Survivor games and therefore does not count as part of the exclusivity.

paul h

Supporting Actor
I'd advise anyone thinking of picking up Resident Evil2 for the Gamecube to read the review on Gamespot...not good.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I'd advise anyone thinking of picking up Resident Evil2 for the Gamecube to read the review on Gamespot...not good.
It's basically everything they said it would be: A Playstation 1 port of a five year old game. And it's that with no enhancements. You could basically pick this up in the PS1 Greatest Hits series and get the same experience for less money.

These Gamecube versions would be better off at the $19.99 price point; something I think will happen fairly soon.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
It is exclusive to the Gamecube. The main Resident Evil series (the single player series that began on the PS1) is exclusive until 2004.
Interesting. Perhaps that's why they're waiting until 2004 to release this game. That way they can release it for the other platforms post-haste.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Josh,
As far as I know, despite the delayed release, RE 4 is most definitely exclusive to the cube. Their was a recent announcement that the other "Capcom 5" (Viewtiful Joe, Dead Phoenix, PN03, and the other one) may not be cube exclusive and may come out for other consoles. However when they announced this they reiterated that RE4 is and was always exclusive to the cube.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Its not that the games are exclusive until 2004, but they're exclusive up to Resident Evil 4. So it's pretty much a 6 game deal (RE0,1,2,3,4,CV).

RE2 and 3 were supposed to come out at $19.99, but they moved the price up. Bad move, but oh well.

Oh, and RE2/3 are based on the DC versions.

Users who are viewing this thread