What's new

Resident Evil 4-Gamecube (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I've been absolute amazed with the game thus far. The graphics are the absolute best I've ever seen in a console game, the new camera system allows the control to work perfectly, despite those not being changed much at all, and the adrenaline rush is fantastic. The bridge sequence early on is fantastic and absolutely nuts. I've never managed to get into an RE game before (despite several attempts at getting into the REmake), but after I'm done with this game I'm definitely gonna go back and play some of the others.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
This game will probably be the best console game of 2005 for a loooong time. Until something like GT4 comes out anyway. RE4 makes me all giddy to fire up a console again. :b

Now if only we could control the aim with a mouse and strafe (better)!!! :D

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't sure about this one, since I'd gotten a little tired of the Resident Evil formula. With the universal praise this one is getting though, I think I'll definitely have to check it out. Now I just have to wait until I have time to play it (both my Xbox and Cube "to play" stacks are getting quite tall already-I think I just need a month off work...).

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
reappeared in the very place I had killed him prior to my last save. Rest assured - he'll back when you need him.

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
Chris, where in Best Buy's web site does it say that they are giving away a free copy of resident evil 1? I just can't find it anywhere.
Thanks.
Jose

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Just picked it up today. So far I'm liking it though it feels very linear so far. That was one of my big complaints about Eternal Darkness so I hope it's just because I'm early into the game.
It's definitely harder and more nerve racking than the previous RE games so that's a plus. As for the controls and camera, I really dislike the faux widescreen. I don't like the top and bottom of my field of view being obscured and I also find it very hard to aim (then again, I'm trying for headshots so I guess that makes sense).
Can't wait until I get my HDTV so I can see this in progressive scan.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
You know, as I was playing, I was thinking about quick weapon switching on the fly, and to be honest, I'm almost glad you go to your case to switch. With as much heat as you're packing, having a toggle button to go through all your weapons would be rather confusing and imprecise. Instead of the knife being tied to L, you could have L activate one weapon, and R the other, but I know I'd get mixed up as I swapped various weapons back and forth. The best solution I could come up with is activating two weapons at once and switching between just those two with the X key, while anything else would require going into the case. That might work best of all, but I really have no problems with the way its set up. With the way the villagers charge at you and cover ground quickly, I often find myself switching from one weapon to another and needing to do it immediately, so there's not time to screw up and pick the wrong one. Briefly pausing the game and making sure that I get the shotgun for close-up instead of the rocket launcher is worth the trade-off to me. Either way, it's a pretty minor nit no matter what on a truly incredible game.

Sean*O

Second Unit
A well placed headshot with the shotgun at close range, or even better.. the rifle (at any range) seems to pop the top of most enemies pretty well.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else selling the TMP as soon as they get it? The ammo is sparse and the gun just seems useless and takes up space. If you find it useful please tell me where and when you use it.

I played through the beginning again to show my friends. One thing I learned when you get to the village and you use your binocs for the first time, is when the zombies spot you you should go into the house with 2 stories. A little animation will play and it's a fun spot to be in when you hear the chainsaw. :D Didn't do it the first time and it wasn't as fun.

As for the headshots, I've had a few still attack me with their head fully gone. :laugh:

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter

Maybe that changes again later, but even now, somewhere in chapter 1-4 I believe, the head shots seem to be a really bad idea.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

..and continues to be an even worst idea the further you get. I finished the game a few days ago. Final game time was 20 hours and 43 minutes for those interested.

If you want to be effective in terms of ammo conservation for the more important sections, learning the kick/back kick/suplex manuevers that Leon can do are utterly necessary. You can eliminate a group of 2-3 villagers with less than 4 handgun bullets if done properly.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I know the kick maneuver, even though I don't use it as often as I should, but what are the back-kick and suplex maneuvers? I really need to pick up my ammo conservation, it's been sufficient thus far, but I have no doubt it will run out at some point if I'm not more careful. I'm already dangerous ly for my shotgun.

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris

Well it was on the Canadian website last week, but it isn't there anymore. It was still is this week's flyer though so you should check your flyer and see if it mentions it in there.

Great game. That first boss fight was really good, it was different and lots of fun.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm on the last chapter. This game is definitely in my top 10.

Btw, thanks for that Leon Suplex tip, Romier. Works great!

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry so long to reply.

I bought my copy with strategy guide and 1st Resident Evil.
At Best Buy.
But for Limited qualities, as of last night Saturday Jan22 Best Buy in Vancouver BC Canada had lots. It cost $59 Canadian.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I just got this last night, and I'm having some trouble with it. The non-zombes take a lot of effort to kill and often surround me. It's kind of frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks