What's new

Resident Evil 2........................DELAYED A YEAR! (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, the original film came out in early 2002, so I guess the second has actually been delayed 2.5 years. :p)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Of course, the first one looked even worse, and it's a gas. Still, I fear they completely screwed this one up.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I thought the trailer looked good. Looked like the first one but amped up! Of course, it helps that I love the first one.

/Mike

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I really liked the first one. I never played the video games beyond demo's though so maybe that's got something to do with it. Actually I think if they followed the games for the first movie it would have been pretty boring (she walks around a lot and has zombies chase her).
I admit its not the best piece of cinema ever created, but its a fun zombie movie with a hot chick in it and a cool soundtrack. Sometimes that's good enough. ;)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I liked the first one as well. But, the trailer is making me think twice about the sequel.:eek:

Graham Perks

Second Unit
Thanks for posting that trailer link. Looks great!

(Not so sure about the "Nemesis" monster though, guy-in-a-suit or what!)

Can't wait. Really enjoyed the first movie. Go in with the right expectations and it's a lot of fun.

John Doran

Screenwriter
don't get me wrong - i'm a big fan of the first movie, too, as well as the video games....

but the trailer for this one just looks way, way too absurd. really.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Is it just me or does the film just look like it lacks that nice luster that film carries? Really, it just looks unrefined/school project/cut budget look to it. I mean I think there is still hope for the movie, but that trailer almost made Thunderbirds look good.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
^^^same feeling. Right when things are about to get rough Milla crashes through the church window on a motorcycle and says some silly one liner.

I have a feeling this will be much more cheesier than the first.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It does seem to be fairly true to its source, though. Thanks to the nature of the games, being good and being true to the source are probably mutually exclusive.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
but the trailer for this one just looks way, way too absurd. really.
i'm curious what you mean by absurd, because the games are SOOO b-movie ridiculous (on purpose) that if they are trying to be faithful, that's exactly what we're going to get
i for one love the games (third favorite series after final fantasy and silent hill) and thought the first movie was good...the second one looks like more of the same

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Hee hee. It's funny because it's true.

Milla Jovovich is in it; hence, it looks good to me.

Hard to tell much from a trailer, and it didn't look too bad to me. If it's near the quality of the first I'll be satisfied, even if it's in some borderline perverse way.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I finally got around to seeing this trailer. I thought the first one was OK, nothing I would buy on DVD. I was hoping the 2nd learned from the first mistakes, but seems to be a lot of the same. Probably will wait for HBO release.

I do enjoy the games, but as attractive as Milla is I can't justify sitting through a terrible movie.

Travis W.

Second Unit
It does seem to be fairly true to its source, though.
No way, this film strays too far from the source. Just now are characters from the games popping up (judging from the cast list there's only 4 game characters in the movie). The whole tone of both movies is nothing like that in the game. The game is full of dread and atmosphere, you always feel like you're going to die just around the corner. The tone of the first movie was slightly close to it but this second one looks like it's not at all.

The main reason I can't stand the idea of making this film the way they did is that it messes up the continuity of the whole series. If they want to make a third film it's going to be pretty difficult since there's only a few games they could (which would have to include characters from Apocalypse to lead to them).

And the most important gripe, I think it's ridiculous when a film is based on a game and the characters from said game take a back seat to new "hip" characters that had nothing to do with the game (Milla's Alice character). Of course, I guess it's hard to drop Alice from the movie when the writer is going out with Milla at the moment.

All in all, I'll still see this because I'm a big fan of the RE series and I'll support it in any form it takes. I just wish they were truer to the source.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
The main reason I can't stand the idea of making this film the way they did is that it messes up the continuity of the whole series. If they want to make a third film it's going to be pretty difficult since there's only a few games they could (which would have to include characters from Apocalypse to lead to them).
I think worrying about continuity and anything with the name "Resident Evil" is kind of silly. The games screwed up the continuity a long time ago all by themselves.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Of course, I guess it's hard to drop Alice from the movie when the writer is going out with Milla at the moment.
Actually, she is married to Paul W.S. Anderson, who directed the first movie.

Complaining about the movie because it isn't a carbon copy of the games isn't all that valid to me. If that is all you want, just play the games.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The thing is, I'm not sure how big of a part Nemesis will play in the movie. In the games, Nemesis was creepy because he was always there, really hard to kill, and would just come right at you. Imagine the Terminator, only if he was a genetically mutated human. If they pull him off right in the movie (which it doesn't look like they tried to) then he could be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks