What's new

Resident Evil 2........................DELAYED A YEAR! (1 Viewer)

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone please tell me who is directing this film. I thought initially it was Paul Anderson :angry: then I read it's some guy named Alexander Witt :confused:

Anyway I read on IGN.com that RE:2 or Resident Evil Apocalypse or whatever it's called has been pushed back a year with no explanation given. I don't know if this is bad or good. Perhaps it's a good thing..........I hope!

RE:2 Pushed Back!

James T

Screenwriter
Probably to add a lotta CGI and edit it down a bit. Maybe the producers realized that Paul Anderson wrote a crap movie, and only realized it halfway through filming. They've been filming for months already.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If you know your going to be in a train-wreck of a bad movie, does it become better or worse knowing it won't be seen for another year?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
How is moving the film from a March release to September a year? That is 6 months! Nothing strange about that, and probably a welcomed sign as they will have more time to clean up the CGI and not rush it.

John Doran

Screenwriter
they were filming parts of this movie right outside my office in toronto just a couple of months ago.

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
How is moving the film from a March release to September a year? That is 6 months! Nothing strange about that, and probably a welcomed sign as they will have more time to clean up the CGI and not rush it.
The actual wait to see the next installment is now roughly a year away from today.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
The actual wait to see the next installment is now roughly a year away from today.
So if the release date hadn't been changed at all, you'd be posting about how the film was "DELAYED SIX MONTHS" and "pushed back six months," as the actual wait to see it would be roughly six months from now?

The film has been delayed/pushed back six months.

DJ

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
So if the release date hadn't been changed at all, you'd be posting about how the film was "DELAYED SIX MONTHS" and "pushed back six months," as the actual wait to see it would be roughly six months from now
Actually no I wouldn't posted that. I love Resident Evil the video game and I was hoping for a movie that was faithful to the game. Paul Anderson had other intentions for the movie and butchered it and I was thoroughly disgusted. I posted this for those who happened to like the RE movie and I posed a question about who is the actual director.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Les,

All we are saying is that the title is misleading as well as the second part of your first post. It was never delayed a year, just 6 months.

I hope it turns out good though. I liked the first RE movie, and the teaser trailer for #2 is very clever. I really don't care if it follows the game, I just want a good zombie movie.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just saw the trailer in front of alien.

looked interesting.
too bad it'll be an extra year.

Ben->D

Auditioning
That sucks it'll be another year... as long as they get it right though I won't mind the wait to much.

Al Stuart

Stunt Coordinator
Considering I hated the first movie, I have no problem waiting a year and six months for it to suck.

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe a watchful mod out there could change the title of the thread for us, so we can avoid further confusion
Why would a mod change the title of the thread? It's not inflammatory or derogatory. I know what I meant by it however others see it another way, it's up to your interpretation of how long you are going to wait to see RE:2

To echo the sentiments of JasonP the trailer is very creative and good. I don't hold out hope though for the film. Can someone please tell me definitively who's the director of this film?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I really like the first film. It was very entertaining, IMO. I hope this next installment is just as fun. I can't seem to find a lot of info about it, though, which worries me about he quality of the film. But, the teaser trailer is very cool.

All I know is that I should be seeing it in SIX MONTHS !:D

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Sorry. "Delayed a year" means "delayed a year" to readers everywhere regardless of what someone is thinking when they type it.

The title is misinformation... unless we take that your "..." says "is delayed six months and is not in fact", but that's pretty hard to guess...especially since I don't think your "..." was meant as omitted text. Probably a Shatner-esque pause.

"After careful reading I discovered the film HAD been delayed....not a year as I had been led to believe....but rather....SIX.... months! Kirk out." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks