Resident Evil 0!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Evans, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Resident Resident Evil Freak here! Just reminding the world in general that the newest installment of one of the best zombie-brain-exploding games ever shall be released unto us in a scant few days!

Needless to say, I'm rather hyped, though I won't have the time or money to play this for a while (sigh, stupid professional school). But, just knowing a new Resident Evil is out there... And not only does it look like the recent GC update, it has a new story to boot...

I've also got a fascination with trains, so I admit the concept of a daring zombie blow-out on a moving locomotive piques my interest.

I'm also interested to see if my burning question is answered...

Is Billy gonna get turned into Nemesis at the end of the game? It would make perfect sense, and give the game a real purpose in terms of Res Evil continuity, not to mention further flesh out Nemesis itself.

2. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

We have to wait till February over here in England.
    I'm itching to play this, having got my first taste of RE with the Cube version.
    [​IMG]

3. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I've been waiting for this one, drooling over the train shots in various mags! Look forward to more nights with the lights out and the 'Cube spinning another edition in my favorite gaming series! And I really dig your plot idea, Mark! Seems so right on that now I'll be disappointed if they had not used it![​IMG]

4. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Got this one preordered already. I'm really looking forward to a completely new RE game. Late October/November is gonna be an expensive month for me.

5. VinT

VinT Agent

I've been trying NOT to read about this game. I don't want to be spoiled. In fact I've been restraining myself from even looking at the screen shots. I want this to be a new, virgin experience. I hope the game lives up to expectations.

Anyone know the exact release date?

6. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

This is one of my must have games.
    The middle of November was the last I heard of a release date.

7. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Well the game is out either today or tomorrow. I haven't recieved my phone call from my local EB so i assume it won't be out until tomorrow which means I'll have to wait until Thursday to pick it up(Wednesdays are crazy for me class wise). I noticed IGN posted their review. Gave it high marks for graphics but complained about the control and the puzzles. Frankly, this doesn't deter me at all. I don't mind the control scheme or the puzzles. I for one am looking forward to getting this later this week.

8. Romier S

Romier S Producer

For anyone interested the game scored an 8.2 from IGN:
    RE Zero review
    Gripes?:
    Gameplay:
    Still scary. Still fun, if you can forgive the clunky controls and stupid puzzles. But definitely dated.
    For all those with Resident Evil Remake you will not doubt be VERY disappointed to hear that Control Scheme C (where the R trigger was used for Run) which I know MANY people on the forum used, has been removed from the game. (It personally doesn't bother me any because I didn't use it but I know allot of folks here did).
    Already getting this one as a christmas gift so [​IMG].