Resident Evil 0. Some suprises for RE fans of old (SOME SPOILERS)!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Romier S, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Well two characters from the past will be appearing in Resident Evil 0. As an old Resident Evil fan and a fan of RE's continuing storyline the appearance of these characters really ups my anticiapation for the game.
    The two characters in questions are Albert Wesker
    and shockingly William Birkin of Resident Evil 2 fame
    . You can take a look at screenshots of the characters in the game at the following links:
    Suprises
    Brooding
    Old friends
    Contemplating his future
    Enjoy!

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Now that's just some awesome news. I'm not sure if I think the direction they took Wesker's character in during Code Veronica was a good one or not, but the reappearance of William Birkin can only bode good things.
    I too love the sometimes goofy, sometimes shocking (especially the tension-filled end of Res Evil 2 and pretty much all of C:V) Resident Evil storyline, so this is very excellent news.
    What'll really, really float my boat, and would completely fit the whole of Res Evil 0 into the storyline, is if the new hero guy ends up being turned into Nemesis. Now that'd completely justify a prequel right there, not to mention make a helluva lot of sense.
    Not that blowing up zombies really needs a justification [​IMG].

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Besides the coolness of the news, look at the quality of that CGI!

4. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

After RE0, is the series being "retired"? Or are they going to revamp the series?

-Dave

5. Romier S

Romier S Producer

6. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I saw that RE0 will be released in America before Japan. Anyone figure that one out? Is it because America sold more RE GC than in Japan? All I know is that it will be mine the first day available!

7. Brian Ford

Brian Ford Stunt Coordinator

Very Impressive.

I remember reading that Capcom was still going to make a remake of Resident Evil 2&3, but I suppose that is on down the line still.

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Capcom is making Resident Evil 0 and 4 exclusively for the GameCube. They totally remade Resident Evil 1 and are going to port (not remake) Resident Evil 2, 3, and Code Veronica for the GameCube. In the end, every regular RE game will be on GCN.

Why don't they just release 0-4 and CV and then make a RE game set? Considering 2, 3, and CV are only ports, they could charge like $200 and you could have every RE game made in one box.

9. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

I hope one of the things they overhaul in RE4 are the controls. I've gotten comfortable with them over the years, but I see so many people that just can't seem to find their groove. And even though I have no problem anymore, I can see where they could use work.

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think they're going to change the style of the game and the controls. Why? Because there have been things said in interviews to suggest it, plus Devil May Cry started out as RE4.

11. Brian Ford

Brian Ford Stunt Coordinator

Of course, the multiple combo systems of Devil May Cry would not fit in to Resident Evil to the least, but it looks like they might go with a control scheme and gameplay more along the lines of the Silent Hill series.

No complaints here.

12. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I hope the control scheme changes. It feels like I'm controlling a tank in Battlezone, not a person. [​IMG]
    -Dave

13. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So

14. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Is this game still scheduled to be released around Halloween? I read on IGN that it wasn't going to be released until Christmas/New Years but EBworld.com and Gamestop.com both list it as 10/28 still. Any news? If it does come out 10/28, I'm gonna be a busy man between GTA VC, Tribes, RE 0, and SOCOM (and hopefully my copy of Twisted Metal Black Online) [​IMG]

15. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

16. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Myself, I've never had trouble with the RE controls.

17. Romier S

Romier S Producer

18. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think that the idea to back up and shoot is really good, but I don't agree with some other things.

First of all, the control scheme is part of the experience. Trying to turn around while a zombie is right in front of you is nerve racking, but at this point in the series we've already done that many times before; it is time for a change.

Second, I think a first person mode for some scenes in a game would be cool, like if you have to wear a gas mask (imagine having a limited view and not being able to hear anything beyond your own breathing and then suddenly feeling the controller rumble as an unseen zombie starts biting your neck!) but an FPS mode like in MGS2 would make the game too actiony, which isn't what the series aims for. RE3 was the most action-like game in the series, which is good because it stood out, but it wasn't as scary as RE1 or 2.

Third, I agree about the dodging thing. If they even made it so it wouldn't always work (give it like an 80% success ratio) then that would be cool and would add to the suspense. I also agree about the item boxes and the inventory system, though RE0 does ditch the item boxes.

Fourth, I don't like the idea of a combat system. The whole "I'm out of ammo and have only a combat knife" aspect of the games added to the suspense. I think maybe a different weapon, like a bat or something, would be cool to add, but a combat system would take some of the horror out of the games.

19. Romier S

Romier S Producer