What's new

Resident Evil 0 review posted... (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I've asked for this for christmas. I never had a problem with controls either, but I always just had a problem figuring out the insane make-no-sense puzzles. Resident Evil games are the only ones that I use a guide the first moment I get stuck.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Well Dave, let me give you a heads up if you didn't already know, I checked out the IGN review and they say that those of you taking easy mode get cheated out of an ending. Which is probably why it's super-easy.
Normal's hard though. I've never been so outgunned in a Res Evil before!
Grah, and let me just say that the last section of the train sequence is one of the most damnably tense moments I've had in gaming in quite some time. But then I always crumble under pressure :D

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I found the normal setting to be fairly straight forward. I've been playing it with my Brother in-law and we always have tons of ink ribbons and enough health and ammo to get by quite comfortably.
Some of the puzzles are down right stupid though.
Example: The case that has the 3 digit lock code written right on it. We looked the case over and didn't spot anything. After a while we gave it a second (much closer) look only to find that the code for the case is written right on the case itself. COME ON! It would be like writing your PIN number on your debit card.
:D

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I'm on the 2nd disc now and there are a few more "jump" spots (the fact that I usually play after 10PM and sleepy doesn't help! :D ) and I'm getting nervous that I'm getting close to the end of this new RE experience. The thing I love the most of RE games is the almost "soap opera" feel of finding out more about some of my favorite characers and learning to enjoy new ones. Finding myself in a 'familiar' place in the 2nd disc was fun.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
, but I always just had a problem figuring out the insane make-no-sense puzzles.
UGH they are even worse here Mike. This one ranks right up there with Resident Evil 3 for the most asinine puzzles ever! Its Resident Evil though and if your a fan of the series it wont bother you much. The character switching is sweet and after some long time with remake Ive become accustomed to the GC D-pad.
Gotta get back to this one, had its time stolen away when Splinter Cell and Metroid Prime was released:frowning:.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Well I finished it today on Easy. Overall, I was not impressed with the game. It started out strong but the second disc was tedious and the areas were repetitive. I'm curious to hear what the difference in the ending is between easy and normal. While I played the remake through a bunch of times, I'm not so sure about this one. I think what with all the great games coming out I might not hang on to this one. Let me know when you guys finish it.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Just finished! Wow, best ending since Resident Evil 2 in terms of a closing cinema. And a nice couple of twists in the end boss/ending as well:
First time in a Resident Evil game that somebody ELSE sets the damn self-destruct off :D. And having to keep Rebecca alive by diverting the monster's attention was a great new wrinkle, and much improved over the 'stay alive until you can finish it' ending from Code Veronica.

I guess you and I are at opposite ends on this one Dave, this was one of the neatest Res Evils yet for me, but I am an admittedly voracious fan of the series. I haven't disliked an entry yet (though I'm not the biggest fan of Code Veronica ever, but maybe when the GC version hits and I can properly enjoy it).
And difficult too. Admittedly your ammo concern goes away during the second disc a LITTLE bit, but not as much as you'd think. Especially in the end fight, I used nearly 80 rounds of handgun ammo!!! I've never run from the zombies as much before. Oh, and we know why there aren't any crimson heads in this one, because of those effing leech zombies! ;)
It even scared me once, which is surprising for just about anything. So props to that. Great tension, good weapons, awesome storyline (it really does tie things together very nicely), a couple great blasts from the past, and some jaw-dropping graphics. See ya'll in Resident Evil 4! :D
Oh, and as to my Billy theory:
Looks like no Nemesis for him, at least this time! Curses! Although, somebody pointed this out in one of the ultra-fanboy GameFaqs forums, and when you first meet Billy on the train, he REALLY elongates S.T.A.R.S in the "I get it, you're with Staaaars." line. Maybe not proof positive, or anything other than conspiracy theory, but just drop his voice an octave and think who that'd sound like...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks