What's new

Resident Alien (2021) (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I'm really looking forward to Season 2. But I've got a question though. Since we've cut the cord and have no cable or satellite since Season 1 ended and now only stream, how or where can we watch S2? I've tried watching a few shows through the SyFy app/site but it now wants me to log in with my cable or satellite subscriber which I no longer have. We do have all the biggees (Prime, Netflix, Apple TV+, Disney+ and Hulu (no ads)). Will one of them stream this show as it airs each week on SyFy? Or am I stuck waiting for it to finish it's seasonal run before being able to watch it?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm really looking forward to Season 2. But I've got a question though. Since we've cut the cord and have no cable or satellite since Season 1 ended and now only stream, how or where can we watch S2? I've tried watching a few shows through the SyFy app/site but it now wants me to log in with my cable or satellite subscriber which I no longer have. We do have all the biggees (Prime, Netflix, Apple TV+, Disney+ and Hulu (no ads)). Will one of them stream this show as it airs each week on SyFy? Or am I stuck waiting for it to finish it's seasonal run before being able to watch it?
I think the logging into your provider is to prove you’re paying for their content. You may have the option to subscribe (for a fee) to SYFY. Other apps provide that option.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I watched season one on Peacock, so I expect it’ll be there again.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season two will have a split run, with the first half dropping weekly starting on January 26th (click to enlarge):
Resident Alien Key Art

Comcast Press Release said:

SYFY SETS JAN. 26 FOR SEASON TWO LAUNCH OF ‘RESIDENT ALIEN’ AND SERIES PREMIERE OF ‘ASTRID & LILLY SAVE THE WORLD’​

breaking news | December 09, 2021
New 9-11 P.M. Wednesday Block Starts with Return of Alan Tudyk Hit Series and Segues Into High School Set Monster Hunters Drama
“Resident Alien” Two-Part Season Books Midseason Finale for March 16 and Resumes this Summer
RESIDENT ALIEN
  • Premieres Jan. 26 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on USA & SYFY (premiere simulcast only)

• Mid-season finale on March 16, continues with additional episodes in summer

• Ranks as the #1 new cable series in 2021 across all key demos as well as one of the top cable dramas of the year.

• Based on the Dark Horse comics, SYFY’s “Resident Alien” follows a crash-landed alien named Harry (Alan Tudyk) whose secret mission is to kill all humans. In season two, Harry is once again stranded on Earth where he must confront the consequences of having failed his people’s mission to destroy the human race. On his new quest to protect the people of Earth, Harry struggles to hold on to his alien identity as his human emotions grow stronger by the day. In an adventure that takes Harry and Asta (Sara Tomko) all the way to New York City, Asta brings Harry into the arms of someone he can call family. While back in Patience, Sheriff Mike (Corey Reynolds) and Deputy Liv (Elizabeth Bowen) find themselves closer to unraveling the mystery of Sam Hodges’s murder.

• The series also stars Alice Wetterlund, Levi Fiehler and Judah Prehn. 
  • From UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group, in association with Amblin TV and Dark Horse Entertainment, “Resident Alien” was adapted to television by executive producer Chris Sheridan. Mike Richardson and Keith Goldberg of Dark Horse Entertainment, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank of Amblin TV, Robert Duncan McNeill, Christian Taylor and Nastaran Dibai also executive produce.
  • Download series teaser art HERE

ASTRID & LILLY SAVE THE WORLD
  • Premieres Jan. 26 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on USA & SYFY (premiere simulcast only)

• High school is hard enough when you're different, but when outcast BFFs Astrid (Jana Morrison) and Lilly (Samantha Aucoin) accidentally crack open a portal to a terrifyingly quirky monster dimension, it gets a lot more complicated. It's up to them to vanquish the creepy creatures and save the world, becoming the badass heroes they were meant to be. That is, if they can survive the horrors of high school.
  • “Astrid & Lilly Save the World” was written by Noelle Stehman and Betsy Van Stone, who executive produce along with Lance Samuels, Daniel Iron and Samantha Levine. Blue Ice Pictures will produce.

• Download series key art HERE
  • Embed series teaser HERE
MEDIA CONTACTS
RESIDENT ALIEN

[email protected]
[email protected]

ASTRID & LILLY SAVE THE WORLD
[email protected]
[email protected]

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good to have this one back. Alan Tudyk playing "Harry" playing Jerry Orbach playing Lennie Briscoe was a delight.

But what the season premiere really drove home is how the people of Patience are just as bizarre as "Harry" is, if not more so.

Gary Farmer never disappoints.

Did understand why Nathan Fillion was credited in the episode, until I realized that he is the voice of the octopus.

Are we supposed to know what happened to the new town doctor, Ethan? If it happened at the end of the first season, I don't remember it.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Are we supposed to know what happened to the new town doctor, Ethan? If it happened at the end of the first season, I don't remember it.
Yes, it was near the end of the S1 finale. The crazy Lisa and David (after being pummeled by Mayor Ben and Kate) kidnap Ethan and give him to General McCallister. I need to go back and see whether the General figures out he isn't an alien. I can't remember that.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Finally got to the S02E01 episode today (before football) and really enjoyed reacquainting myself with the series. I had forgotten exactly what happened to Ethan, but given that David was in the house at the end of the episode, sort of figured that there was government involvement.

The scenes where Harry was "himself" in the hospital were just great. Tudyk just perfectly inhabits the character. The multiple layers of identity and his dialog with Asta as Harry / Jerry Orbach / Lennie Briscoe was perfect.

Lot of interesting setup for season two in this episode, including more back story on the Sheriff and a loss he suffered six years ago. (My first take is that this loss affected him so much that he purposely distanced himself from Deputy Liv to avoid that sort of pain again in his life.) Given what happened at the restaurant I expect that "42" will have a larger role in season two. Will Max show any other signs of rapid aging?

Great to have this show back.

- Walter.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watched last night, and was likewise fuzzy on remembering details from the end of Season 1. My wife looked up what happened to the doctor after the episode.

It's a good show to have back. It's a quirky mixture of humor and drama, scifi and mystery-building. And as with last season, so far, the scenes with Harry and Max are the absolute best for me.

Asta having to lookup Jerry Orbach / Lennie Bristow made me uncomfortably old. :D

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Asta having to lookup Jerry Orbach / Lennie Bristow made me uncomfortably old. :D
Yup. Lennie forever. BTW, I just watched his first appearance on L&O and he wasn’t yet a regular. His character was a defense lawyer. Lennie hated defense lawyers.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
One thing I forgot to post earlier...

Perhaps it is my imagination, but it looked like Sahar (Gracelyn Awad Rinke) had a growth spurt during the off season. I can't be certain, but Sahar seemed taller. (?)

- Walter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One thing I forgot to post earlier...

Perhaps it is my imagination, but it looked like Sahar (Gracelyn Awad Rinke) had a growth spurt during the off season. I can't be certain, but Sahar seemed taller. (?)
She definitely did. In the season premiere, Sahar was a full head taller than Max -- which definitely wasn't the case in the first season.

That's the risk you take when your show features two kids right at the age when girls start maturing a lot faster than boys, and you go into a months-long hiatus. It's especially awkward when the season premiere is supposed to pick up more or less immediately after where the previous season left off.

"Stranger Things", knowing that the kids would grow and mature between seasons, wisely built sizable time jumps into the story.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It's especially awkward when the season premiere is supposed to pick up more or less immediately after where the previous season left off.

No doubt. On the topic of production issues related to kids aging, I always go back to Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) on Lost. I believe he was intended to have a bigger role in the series but kind of 'matured' out of it.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks