What's new

Resident Alien (2021) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Renewed.
the most-watched new cable drama in the last year in total viewers and No. 2 in the adults 18-49 demographic. It’s also Syfy’s highest-rated new drama in more than six years in total viewers and earns the second-biggest time-shifting gain for any cable drama in the last year in total viewers, according to Nielsen.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode probably had more dramatic content than any other episode that I can recall to date. It actually worked really well; particularly the scenes with Harry and Asta trapped together on the ridge. In terms of emotional content we had a number of scenes with characters actually responding with some warmth and empathy, notably the mayor and his wife at dinner and the sheriff actually acknowledging former deputy Liv at the same restaurant.

Strong episode, with quite a bit of background information that was well integrated into the storyline. Maybe the best episode of the season so far with a good mix of comedy and drama.

- Walter.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
"My name is <long convoluted series of crazy sounds>. My friends call me <cat hissing>."

The female alien-hunter is one serious bundle of damage. My wife suspects that she's another alien, possibly from a planet that's an enemy of Harry's.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sorry, I'm still a few eps behind:

"What kind of criminal mastermind are you raising in this house?"

:lol:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
"My name is <long convoluted series of crazy sounds>. My friends call me <cat hissing>."

The female alien-hunter is one serious bundle of damage. My wife suspects that she's another alien, possibly from a planet that's an enemy of Harry's.

That is an interesting idea. I can't recall the character's name, but she is a piece of work. Harry discussed his species' adversaries in the episode. A reptilian race if I recall correctly, while recoiling at the idea of possessing scales. :)

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thought just a bit more about the nature of Lisa Casper (the psycho agent pursuing Harry) and the question of whether there is more to the character than meets the eye.

If she is alien, I see two possibilities:

A) Other species besides Harry's possess the ability to mimic the appearance of other beings. If not through innate capabilities, maybe through technological means.

B) She is another member of Harry's species dispatched to Earth to interdict his mission. Perhaps a rival faction on Harry's home world?

Or maybe she is just human and is really mission oriented. :)

- Walter.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Prior to this episode I had thought that Harry concealed his identify by a mind trick. This episode gave me the impression it’s an actual physical change. Which is it?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Prior to this episode I had thought that Harry concealed his identify by a mind trick. This episode gave me the impression it’s an actual physical change. Which is it?
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a physical change. Didn't they show him physically morphing from alien to human in the first episode (similar to a werewolf transformation scene in other films)?

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I would that it's actually physical. Unless I'm misremembering, in the pilot episode, we saw him physically change. Why Max's perception of him ignores the physical difference I chalk down to artistic license hand-waving.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The show has been inconsistent or unclear about Harry’s concealment. The pilot shows it was a wholly physical change. The stuff with Max says it’s mental projection. There was discussion near the start of the thread.

It is what it needs to be for the plot. :)

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another interesting episode with an ending bit that is sure to shake things up. I was quite surprised and impressed with the precautions Max took. I hope he tells his parents about what he found.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I think at some point he said it was a molecular change. And that some with certain DNA, like max can see through that change.

Imagine if that DNA was alien DNA?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Another interesting episode with an ending bit that is sure to shake things up. I was quite surprised and impressed with the precautions Max took. I hope he tells his parents about what he found.
At this point, Max knows his parents don't believe him on these things, so I doubt he will tell them about the lady snooping in his room.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Enjoyed an unexpected episode of "Zoey's Extraordinary Alien Resident" :) The reconciliation duet between the sheriff and deputy was out of left field and delightful.

I was perplexed by the Mayor's attitude towards the dinner party. I'd taken him as a gregarious people person, so showing him to be a fixed-routine, home body felt disconnected. I understand that personality, but that hadn't been indicated yet for him.

Harry's internal conflict over whether he likes humans or is eager to kill all humans is working well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks