What's new

Resident Alien (2021) (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yeah, my wife and I finally watched Ep2 the other night, and as soon as I deleted it, up popped the chance to watch Ep3, and we did. Which means we don't have to watch last night's broadcast. Of course, by watching it On Demand early, we couldn't fast-forward through the commercials, so there's that...

Anyway, we're both sold on this show now.

I also like the addition of Gary Farmer as Asta's father. It's been a long time since I've seen him in anything.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I think it's great. I watch with a smile on my face and I like how it is developing.

It might be cheesy but I would like if he becomes friends with the kid that sees his true form.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I think it's great. I watch with a smile on my face and I like how it is developing.

It might be cheesy but I would like if he becomes friends with the kid that sees his true form.
I would like to see the story turn in that direction.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
At a minimum, I expect we're headed for a moment when the kid is in some actual danger (not set in motion by the alien), and the alien saves him.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
This is my main criticism of the show — too many cliches. There have been a few surprises, but everything else has been fairly predictable.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I am really enjoying the inappropriate humor. "Let's see what your packing, champ!" That whole segment had me rolling with laughter.

- Walter.
Some of the inappropriate and extremely funny humor had me gasping and laughing out loud.
My lettuce is drying out.
That may not be a word for word accurate quote, but it gets the point across.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm amazed that so many people in this town just roll with the oddness of this guy. They must be desperate to have a doctor in the area. :lol:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m completely confuzzled by the flashback to New Mexico. The last two episodes are really messing with the timeline from the first two episodes.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm amazed that so many people in this town just roll with the oddness of this guy. They must be desperate to have a doctor in the area. :lol:
Harry is really odd. But everyone else is at least kinda odd, so he doesn’t draw that much attention. Plus everyone is so wrapped up in their own personal drama they can’t give too much attention to Harry’s weirdness.

“Big Black” the sheriff with an obvious inferiority complex. His deputy who per se is probably more competent and practical, but is completely steamrolled at every turn The too-young mayor who can’t project confidence or stand up to himself. All the locals that have been there their whole lives and are used to weird guys being terrible boyfriends.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I don’t think she really sees the alien. She likes the boy.

At this point, I think it's more that she empthathizes with him. He caught her attention as he was being bullied, and I suspect that, being (apparently) Muslim, she's been on that receiving end as well.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
At this point, I think it's more that she empthathizes with him. He caught her attention as he was being bullied, and I suspect that, being (apparently) Muslim, she's been on that receiving end as well.
I think he made the first move of friendship when he picked up her book.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My first thought was that the girl who works as the clinic's receptionist was supposed to be the child the nurse put up for adoption.
Nailed it.

“Big Black” the sheriff with an obvious inferiority complex.
He's not just overcompensating, though. He's also got some extremely weird opinions about shit. In one of the scenes where "Harry" was stressing about the imminent discovery of the real Harry's body, the sheriff was expounding at length on the effect of frigid lake water on testicles.

I think he made the first move of friendship when he picked up her book.
Yes, because he empathized with her after being bullied himself. One gets the sense that Patience, Colorado is the kind of place where just about everybody has lived there their whole lives. The other kids might have a problem with the girl's headscarf or they might just have a problem with her family being outsiders. Either way, the girl's found a friend in the mayor's son and the mayor's son has found someone willing to indulge his investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks