What's new

Resevoir Dogs DVD question (1 Viewer)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Hi all,

I understand that there are 5 different colors of this DVD that are out right now, each with different inserts of quotes for each appropriate character. Also, there is a four disc set with all the colors except brown. What is the purpose of the 4-disc set? I'm almost 100% sure that the DVD content is the same on each of the 4 dvds, there are no Resevoir Dogs 2 or anything like that on each one. Can someone please answer this question for me? Thanks.

MatS

Screenwriter
What is the purpose of the 4-disc set?
a cool collectors item offering the choice of 5 different covers for fans of the movie and its loveable characters
more money in the hands of the studios for those who make multiple purchases
you figure it out ;)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Luckily, working at Circuit City, I'm going to snag my Mr. Brown and set it aside Monday night!!! AHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Well, OK is on the other side of the country, so I'M STILL GETTING MY MR. BROWN!!!!!!!

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Contrary to my usual practice, I think I'm going to pick this one up blind, which I've actually never done before. However, it can be had for essentially 11 bucks at Best Buy, and I love Tarantino, Buscemi, and broken-timeline crime flicks. So which cover should I get? And is purchasing this movie blind a good idea, taking into account my above statement?

KristianH

Agent
Andrew_Sch:
I love Tarantino, Buscemi, and broken-timeline crime flicks.
Well that line sounds like a guarantee that you could easily pick up this title blind, cause thats exactly what it is :) (I don't think you will be disapointed)
Of course there is no such thing as 100% sure.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Well, OK is on the other side of the country, so I'M STILL GETTING MY MR. BROWN!!!!!!!
I'm resurrecting this thread to ask.....
How Do You like your Mr. Brown?;)
"Yeah, Yeah, but Mr. Brown? That's a little close to Mr. Sh!t." I couldn't resist.:b
Mine is great.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I have a question, too. Is there supposed to be an insert in the pocket of the outer cardboard slipcase? Mine has the pocket, but there's nothing it in.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
have a question, too. Is there supposed to be an insert in the pocket of the outer cardboard slipcase? Mine has the pocket, but there's nothing it in.
Yep! There is supposed to be a little 8-page booklet with (really crappy) screen grabs of the featured character. anyone else a little underwhelmed by the slip covers?

--Ian

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
I don't know about your area, but the Mr. Browns were plentiful on Tuesday in NJ (Best Buy, Compact Disc World). I got mine with ease through DVD Empire.

Is there anyone out there who will admit to actually buying all the covers? Far be it from me to comment on another's spending habits, but buying 5 copies of the same thing to get separate covers is, uh, an interesting use of one's money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks