What's new

reseting the service menu (1 Viewer)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
i was tweaking a few days ago with the convergence in the service menu,and since that time my colors look washed out and the picture is kinda grainy.

What do you suggest me?Anyway to reset the service menu to the default settings?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
greetings

service menusngenerally do not have a useful reset ... since all start with different settings.

a reset will give you something different from what you started with before your mucking.

regards

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,

Are the effects i had normal?

The colors don't look as powerful and vibrant as before.
Second,the overall picture now looks grainy.

I remember playing with the green color and i heard it modifies the geometry.My set is kinda messed up now...

Color Bleeding,washout colors,dark picture and graininess.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, well this is the reason they tell you to write down every single setting in there before you do anything.

Quite teadious on many sets that have hundreds of things you can adjust in there. But worth the time, I have been saved by this quite a few times now, playing with other peoples display service menu settings.

The person needing help has to more or less beg me to do it. I actually do not like playing around in there at all, with no formal calibration training or experience.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Also,

If you're ever going into the service menu, buy the service manual for your set. It has a listing of standard values for various parameters, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks