reseting a pin?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Hersh, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Greg Hersh

Greg Hersh Auditioning

Hello -

I've got a Philips 34PW9817 widescreen tv. Everytime I try to watch a DVD (progressive scan hooked up to AC4), I need to enter my pin because of parental locks (even though I have nothing locked). Is there a way to reset the pin so I do not have to enter it every time?

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

The only parental lock feature I have comes with my AT&T Broadband digital service box in which one goes into the menu setup to turn parental lock off.

3. Kurt_U

Kurt_U Agent

Greg,

I have the Philips 34PW9847 and have seen the lock feature your talking about in the menu, but have no idea how to reset it. Have you contacted Philips yet? I had an issue with my TV when it first came in, a couple of months ago, and they responded back with the solution in about two days.

Kurt

4. Keith Outhouse

Keith Outhouse Stunt Coordinator

I have the same TV and had to call Philips for the same problem. It seems if anything is locked (even a single channel) you get prompted every time you use AV4. Go thru all the locks carefully (I had 1 channel locked) and it should clear up.

BTW: Philips support has been very good at answering and solving problems quickly.