What's new

reseting a pin? (1 Viewer)

Greg Hersh

Auditioning
Hello -

I've got a Philips 34PW9817 widescreen tv. Everytime I try to watch a DVD (progressive scan hooked up to AC4), I need to enter my pin because of parental locks (even though I have nothing locked). Is there a way to reset the pin so I do not have to enter it every time?

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
The only parental lock feature I have comes with my AT&T Broadband digital service box in which one goes into the menu setup to turn parental lock off.

Kurt_U

Agent
Greg,

I have the Philips 34PW9847 and have seen the lock feature your talking about in the menu, but have no idea how to reset it. Have you contacted Philips yet? I had an issue with my TV when it first came in, a couple of months ago, and they responded back with the solution in about two days.

Kurt

Keith Outhouse

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same TV and had to call Philips for the same problem. It seems if anything is locked (even a single channel) you get prompted every time you use AV4. Go thru all the locks carefully (I had 1 channel locked) and it should clear up.

BTW: Philips support has been very good at answering and solving problems quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks