RESERVOIR DOGS:Why have hardly any etailers got the Mr Brown(Tarantino) cover listed?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny G, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

I REALISE THERE WILL BE MANY SMALLER COMPANIES LISTING IT BUT OF THE MAJOR ETAILERS, I'VE FOUND ONLY DIGITAL EYES, AMAZON, DVD EMPIRE & CD UNIVERSE OFFERING IT!

EVEN IF IT'S LIMITED, SURELY THERE WILL BE AT LEAST A FEW SO WHY SO FEW LISTING IT?

2. Veli-Matti Reitti

Veli-Matti Reitti Stunt Coordinator

They haven't announced a release date for it yet. I suppose it has been withdrawn for some reason because it was initially due the same day as the other versions. There was a thread on this subject some time ago but i can't seem to find it.

I would really like to know just how limited the Mr.Brown version is. Any word on that yet?

3. Veli-Matti Reitti

Veli-Matti Reitti Stunt Coordinator

4. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

I think this will be hard to find for UK purchasers or those outside North America (unless you use Amazon or similar).
    The company I use was only able to source a extremely small supply, so mostly restriced to staff and as I personally asked the owner some time ago one for myself as well [​IMG]
    I know they have had to disappoint other customers as have been unable to source more, past the original handful.

5. Johnny G

Malcolm,

You talk as if they've had their stock already which obviously they haven't.

I can't even see how they know they won't get what they want either as the preorder date was only last Thursday & distributors won't know what they're getting yet.

6. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

All I can go on is what I am told. In that the wholesalers my e-tailer uses in the US and Canada have told them that their allocation of Mr Brown will be very very limited.
    Other sleeve colours are fine.
    Some of the UK Forums have already mentioned that other e-tailers (including some Canadian ones will no longer take preorders for Mr Brown sleeves).

You may be right that this is a ploy by Artisan to drive up pre-orders and sales so that by release date more Mr Brown sleeves are freely available. I think retailers are taking a sensible conservative approach as they don't want to disappoint / annoy customers when they have no guarantee of getting it for them.

7. Johnny G

are you talking about dv-depot?

8. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

If I had to guess as to why the Mr. Brown cover isn't being listed on many e-tailer websites like the other covers, I'd say it's because the actual production run of Mr. Brown covers hasn't been announced (to my knowledge) and these retailers don't want to take preorders for an item that they may not be able to fill.

9. Rob Katofiasc

Rob Katofiasc Auditioning

10. Sam Owens

Sam Owens Stunt Coordinator

It's the default cover at CDNow...