What's new

RESERVOIR DOGS: SE cover(s) (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
I would be tempted to buy all 5 but then common sense would kick in (hopefully) and I will settle for Pink.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
As much as I love this movie, this 'marketing' scam is crazy! This sham is one of the many reasons why comic books are no longer that 'valuable', etc as a collection item.

Ugh!

~Jason

MatS

Screenwriter
I would say the simple solution for those who want all the covers would be to buy the one you like best and print scanned versions of the other 4. It's not like this stuff isn't readily available on the Link Removed

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
This is great news! Suddenly we are being given all these great Tarantino movies on DVD done right!

I will be purchasing Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and Reservoir Dogs all within a week of each other!

August is shaping up to be a pretty expensive month.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Any news on who's doing the commentary? Didn't that link say commentaries? Perhaps QT on one and cast (maybe Keitel Buscemi Roth and Madsen?) on the other?
I wonder what stores are gonna look like during the first week before they get replenishments. Every color but Pink maybe?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Any news on who's doing the commentary? Didn't that link say commentaries?
maybe each character(cover) will have his own commentary;)
now, wouldn't that be something. Buying 5 DVD's of the same movie, to hear all the them.:)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I, for one, think the five covers is insulting. Nothing more than a marketing scam. A neat one, but nothin more than marketing scam. I will buy mine, of course, but I will buy whatever one happens to come my way first. Insulting.

p.s. Don't get me wrong, I love LOVE this movie, but if this sets a standard for high sales due to multiple covers, where will it stop?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,

I, for one, think the five covers is insulting. Nothing more than a marketing scam.
I hate it, too, mostly for the fact that I live outside the US, which means I'll have to mail order the film, so I can't chose and am pretty much stuck with whatever cover they send me.

Chris

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
You need an account on the DVDPlaza site to view the image.
This image should show for everyone:

Can't say that I'm impressed with the covers... but I don't care - the content of the DVD is what matters.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Gotta go with Mr. Blonde.

"I said, Are you gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?"

-Dean-

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
Gotta go with Mr Pink on this one.

Although I think Mr White is the coolest of the bunch it would be nice to have the Pink cover.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Either Pink or White for me, but I'm leaning towards White because Harvey Keitel is just a bad ass.
I agree that the covers suck! Although I'm not a huge fan of the original one, it's a HELL of a lot better than the new ones!

MatS

Screenwriter
hey Marc, no pic of brown ??
Mr. White looks the best of that bunch
but how can I be able to resist Mr Pink ?
that big ole pink box looks like a pu**y. ;)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Those covers leave a lot to be desired, but if each disc had a separate commentary by each cast member, I'd consider getting all 5.
I'd only do this since I love thise movie so much, and certainly would not do this for most movies. (Need to put that in case some video marketing guy is reading.) ;) So in case you're thinking of a separate cover for both Kate and Leopold, I couldn't care less. :D

Butch C

Second Unit
Gotta get brown...that limited release in my hands will be gold when I sell it back to some of the more insane collectors at this site

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks