reservoir dogs "director's cut"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricW, Aug 18, 2001.

1. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

re: Reservoir Dogs:
    over at dvdfile (http://www.dvdfile.com/news/editoria....html#08172001)
    they said the year end 10th anniversary disc would be a dir. cut. has anybody heard anything else? i seem to remember once reading the script that included a scene with Roth and his captain talking at a baseball diamond (in the stands) but that's about it.
    or is it just going to be *more* gore?

2. Christina_DQ

Christina_DQ Stunt Coordinator

More gore alright! I'm all for uncensored releases.
    I'm really looking forward to this dvd & see what this versions like if it has more additions than gore,could be interesting.
    Great movie with a awsome soundtrack as well!!!

3. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

Sorry to ask an off topic question here, but I saw a thread on this over at DVDtalk.com, and someone posted pictures of Reservior Dogs action figures? Are these real? He even said there was something like a warehouse playset? Not that I would buy it, but it was interesting. And if the "toys" were mockups, whoever made them did a good job.
    On topic: I would love to have that disc! If it is possible to wear out a DVD, RD would be one of my first to waer out anyway! I need to retire it!
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Jay and Silent Bob in
    CLERKS

4. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

this is to answer the question about the figures.. yes in fact there are reservoir dog figures. mezco just released them. u can find them at your local comic shop or at the game shops in the mall.
    ------------------
    http://www.geocities.com/mulder101361/shadow.bmp The Truth Is Out There

5. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

http://www.amoktime.com has all the figures as well as a bunch of others that may surprise you. Great place for horror fans.
    I don't know about the director's cut, but I do remember reading that test footage was done with different characters saying the lines in the diner to see who it sounded best from.
    I can't wait for this one.
    Matt
    ------------------
    Honk Kong DVD Reviews and News
    loveandbullets.com

6. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

That's Todd MacFarlane's company that did those, right?
    They've been out for awhile actually.

7. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

8. Dedrick

Dedrick Agent

Mezco is a new company who has made some classic horror characters. A warehouse playset with Marvin Nash is in the works and another company(Palisades) is making 12 inch Dogs figures with a bunch of characters Mezco isn't making. Mcfarlane's company(which I sell: www.powerplaycollectibles.com ) is named Mcfarlane and they make the best figures around. This year's movie maniacs are: Blair Witch,Candyman,Freddy Kreuger,Evil Ash,T-1000 terminator,T-800 terminator,Jaws boxset,18 inch Ash, and 18 inch Leatherface. They have the NFL and NHL licenses to and are making great sports figures. Now the company to avoid is N2toys. They make the shitiest figures available: Mad Max, Rambo, and the Matrix. The bad thing is they will be making figures of The Fifth Element, Big Trouble in Little China, Gladiator, Travis Bickle, Leon, El Marichi, Steve Mcqueen etc. when other good companies could make them.

9. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I saw those figures in town yesterday, don't like them at all. It's criminal Mcfarlane didn't get to do them...
    Dan (UK)