What's new

Pre-Order Reservoir Dogs (1992) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Cool artwork- better than the bloody ear. Slightly off topic- for those who remember the 10th anniversary DVD set with the different sleeves you could purchase- I believe the sleeves had Mr. Pink (which I have), White, Blonde and Orange. Is this correct, or am I wrong?

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Anyone have any thoughts about what this new release looks like? I noticed that it’s available at Wal Mart now, but still waiting for my copy from Amazon.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
Anyone have any thoughts about what this new release looks like? I noticed that it’s available at Wal Mart now, but still waiting for my copy from Amazon.
It’s a massive improvement over the Blu-ray, which looks awful, but it’s an average-looking UHD. It looks a bit oversaturated, oversharpened, and grain-reduced for my preferences, but I suspect most people will be happy with it.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It’s a massive improvement over the Blu-ray, which looks awful, but it’s an average-looking UHD. It looks a bit oversaturated, oversharpened, and grain-reduced for my preferences, but I suspect most people will be happy with it.

I think it's decent enough, but, yeah, it's not any sort of reference disc. Still, any improvements over the Blu-ray is step up.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
The Caps-A-Holic caps indeed look strange and show everything you mention.

Sadly I am not sure that enough people will call Lionsgate out for that as the improvement over the previous BDs is indeed massive.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just happened to watch the 4k digital presentation yesterday.

I'll say this...the film looks beautiful and for that, I also suspect people will be happy with it.

However, all the negative points about the transfer that have been brought out here are true. All the grain has been removed and it's overly colorful.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Because of this 4K disc controversy, I will sit down this weekend and watch this movie for the first time. That's right, I've never watched this film in a theater or on any home video format.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
Yes, I am glad other people are seeing what I saw. I was somewhat surprised by all the gushing reviews for this release. It does not look "bad," but it does not look anything like film. The slickness of the presentation feels incongruous with the grittiness of the film itself, but I'm not a big enough fan of the film or the cinematography to get worked up about it.

The film has never had a particularly good looking transfer on video and, AFAIK, Tarantino has never been involved in any of the video releases.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes, I am glad other people are seeing what I saw. I was somewhat surprised by all the gushing reviews for this release. It does not look "bad," but it does not look anything like film. The slickness of the presentation feels incongruous with the grittiness of the film itself, but I'm not a big enough fan of the film or the cinematography to get worked up about it.

The film has never had a particularly good looking transfer on video and, AFAIK, Tarantino has never been involved in any of the video releases.

Right. Great explanation. This is a very gritty film with a transfer that doesn't match it.

This is the first time I have seen this film in years and it remains one of Tarantino's finest. What I appreciated about watching it is that it shows just how damn good he is at writing dialogue.

When you think about it, this is more a dialogue-driven than an action film. Normally, I would hate a film like that. However, it's written so well that you can't help but bask in it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks