What's new

Pre-Order Reservoir Dogs (1992) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
15135_tn.jpg

• NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
  • HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
  • Deleted Scenes
  • "Playing it Fast and Loose" Featurette
  • "Profiling Res Dogs" Featurette
  • Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby TrueHD), Spanish 2.0 (Dolby Digital)
  • Subtitles: Optional English, English SDH, and Spanish subtitles for the main feature

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Wow! I hope it’s only a matter of time until Pulp and Jackie are released in UHD (I figure these announcements are on the horizon). Jackie really needs a transfer upgrade- just looks a bit hazy and soft to me.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
A lot really depends on the label releasing it. Reservoir Dogs is from Lionsgate, who is good for releasing catalog titles on UHD (and re-releasing them in SteelBook packaging).

Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown (and Kill Bill, as well) are Miramax titles, which means they're with Paramount. Paramount has been releasing catalog titles on UHD, but I can't recall if they've released any Miramax titles in the format. It might depend on who -- Paramount or Miramax -- gets to decide what gets released, and who ends up paying for the grading and mastering.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown (and Kill Bill, as well) are Miramax titles, which means they're with Paramount. Paramount has been releasing catalog titles on UHD, but I can't recall if they've released any Miramax titles in the format. It might depend on who -- Paramount or Miramax -- gets to decide what gets released, and who ends up paying for the grading and mastering.
While technically Dimension Films, Paramount has released the original Scream and will be releasing Scream 2 soon. Same library.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Funny that I just watched Dogs a couple of weeks ago. I really like Penn’s performance.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
Preordered. Fingers crossed this will be a substantial step-up from the 2007 blu-ray. My copy fell victim to disc rot, and the video presentation left a lot to be desired when I was last able to watch it. IIRC, the 2007 blu-ray did not include a lossless soundtrack either.

DigniT@DigniT!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
Or Maybe a 4K of the 70 MM extended cut of THE HATEFUL EIGHT! It's available for streaming and looks pretty spectacular... fingers crossed

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Finally! The horrible DNR'd mess that has been around on the blu-ray and streaming channels, since it was first released in Hi-def, will finally be watchable on anything larger than an iPhone screen. Reservoir Dogs has never had a decent home theatre release. The Live Home Video LaserDisc was released with both matted and open framing and had one of the worse side-breaks in the history of LaserDiscs.

The people using this thread to immediately start clamouring for other Quentin Tarantino titles, are doing it a disservice. This was such an iconic debut. Few bothered to see it theatrically in the States, but it received huge critical acclaim in Europe, especially in the UK. I travelled both to Stockholm and to London to see it theatrically, as it took a long to get a theatrical release in Norway. In fact, the LaserDisc was released in the US, before it arrived in cinemas here. So I projected it for all my fellow students with the university's spanking new state-of-the-art Barco projector in the prestigious Dept. of Anatomy auditorium. I still have the original theatrical one-sheet - the British one, which was way better than the US one.

And the BBFC refused a classification for home video until 1995, so it received a prolonged theatrical life in the UK, which delighted Quentin Tarantino.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Finally! The horrible DNR'd mess that has been around on the blu-ray and streaming channels, since it was first released in Hi-def, will finally be watchable on anything larger than an iPhone screen. Reservoir Dogs has never had a decent home theatre release. The Live Home Video LaserDisc was released with both matted and open framing and had one of the worse side-breaks in the history of LaserDiscs.

The people using this thread to immediately start clamouring for other Quentin Tarantino titles, are doing it a disservice. This was such an iconic debut. Few bothered to see it theatrically in the States, but it received huge critical acclaim in Europe, especially in the UK. I travelled both to Stockholm and to London to see it theatrically, as it took a long to get a theatrical release in Norway. In fact, the LaserDisc was released in the US, before it arrived in cinemas here. So I projected it for all my fellow students with the university's spanking new state-of-the-art Barco projector in the prestigious Dept. of Anatomy auditorium. I still have the original theatrical one-sheet - the British one, which was way better than the US one.

And the BBFC refused a classification for home video until 1995, so it received a prolonged theatrical life in the UK, which delighted Quentin Tarantino.
I definitely agree with your points that the widescreen laserdisc had a horrendous side break- cutting into a conversation between Mr. Blonde, and Nice Guy Eddie, and this is an underrated film. I think it’s a great debut of Quentin’s- both writing and directing.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The full screen LD had a more sensible side break. It was the widescreen that was awful.

I'm looking forward to this. I love the movie. I have a special memory of seeing it with my dad on November 3, 1992. I even got to share the story with Quentin Tarantino once.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Or Maybe a 4K of the 70 MM extended cut of THE HATEFUL EIGHT! It's available for streaming and looks pretty spectacular... fingers crossed
Hateful Eight is a slightly different beast, as it's a TWC title, and the rights are with Lantern Entertainment/Spyglass Media Group. While Scream 4 [or Scre4m, depending on your preference] is currently streaming on Paramount+, that's likely as a result of Viacom's [now Paramount Global] 2019 suit against Spyglass regarding the Scream franchise and specifically the Scream TV series. Additionally, Lionsgate has now acquired the majority of the TWC library, so you'll have to look to them, not Paramount, for a H8 release.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The people using this thread to immediately start clamouring for other Quentin Tarantino titles, are doing it a disservice.
Far from it. I'm excited that Reservoir Dogs is getting this release, AND I'm hoping that it opens the floodgates for the OTHER Tarantino titles people are "clamouring" about to get similar treatment. One does not negate the other.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
The people using this thread to immediately start clamouring for other Quentin Tarantino titles, are doing it a disservice. This was such an iconic debut. Few bothered to see it theatrically in the States, but it received huge critical acclaim in Europe, especially in the UK.

I wouldn't say that few bothered to see it. Rather, the film only had a very limited theatrical release (Wikipedia says 61 theaters) before being rushed to home video. The movie caused a sensation at Sundance, and was hugely buzzed on the art film circuit while it played that fall. It was one of the most important titles of the early '90s indie boom, and of course it launched Quentin Tarantino as a major filmmaker.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I saw it twice theatrically. The first time, my friends and I had trouble finding the theater and arrived a few minutes late, missing the opening scene. I went back to see it in another theater the following week.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't know what's going on, but the link in Ron's post is dead and Amazon no longer shows it coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks