What's new

Research on Lawrence of Arabia (1 Viewer)

lombre230

Auditioning
Real Name
Louise Muller
Dear Mr Harris,
I'm a french student in cinema in Paris and I'm currently doing my final work which subject is your restoration of Lawrence of Arabia. I would like to know if you could help me by any chance to find more informations about this amazing work, for example, did you kept a journal of all the events which lead to the achievement of it? Here in Paris there are really few documents, mostly newspapers' articles.
Hope you would find time to help me.
Thank you so much!

lombre230

Auditioning
Real Name
Louise Muller
I can't send you personal messages. Can you give me some e-mail in which I could contact you?

Stefan Andersson

Second Unit
Hello lombre/Louise! Welcome to Home Theater Forum! I am a fellow serious fan of LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and I very much understand that you want to know more about this movie masterpiece and its restoration. Here are a few information sources for you (you probably know about them already):

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...ce-arabia.html
Go to a post by dannyboy104 (11-16-2008). Information about which scenes were restored, technical work and much more. Quotes from rare texts combined with an American Laser Disc.

DavidLean.com
Takes you to a list of books on David Lean and his films. Look especially for two excellent books on LAWRENCE by Adrian Turner and Robert Morris and Lawrence Raskin. You might find the books second-hand on the Internet, or in a big library with many movie books. David Lean is devoted to David Lean and could give you additional info, such as Lean´s own cutting notes.

Lawrence of Arabia (1962) - Alternate versions
About the various versions of LAWRENCE.

IMDb :: Boards :: Lawrence of Arabia (1962) :: Lawrence of Arabia: From Script To Screen
About scenes that were in the screenplay but deleted from, or shortened, in the final film. Seems to be direct quotes from the screenplay. Not wholly relevant to your work, but of great interest.

Lawrence of Arabia (film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

You could also find relevant articles in film magazines like American Film, American Cinematographer, Variety, Positif, Cahiers du Cinema. Look around the years 1988-1990. Ask for help from a big library where you can photocopy old magazines, and use databases to find other magazine articles with the information you want.

This is what I could find right now. Hope it helps you some!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks