What's new

Rescue Me Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

My personal favorite was NHL HOF'er Phil Esposito as the captain who finds Jerry. When asked at the funeral if he's into any sports, he says "Yeah, you know a little golf, tennis. How about you?" When the reply is "Lacrosse" he says "Oh, tough sport." Love the lines Leary gives the NHL guys on the show. Ol' Espo did a pretty good job, most people would think he's a legit actor, which shows what a script can do because anyone who ever heard him do commentary would know he's not very good adlibbing (in fact he's downright embarrassing).

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Maybe. I know Belichick was on this week but I wasn't watching closely during that scene because I was concentrating on Espo. That's even funnier and explains why I missed the Belichick cameo, which I was looking for the rest of the show. I'm pretty slow on stuff like that; it took me a couple scenes to even recognize Esposito and then it was mainly by what my dad used to call his "Ontario Italian" accent (which sounds strangely like Brooklyn, except for the O's).

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Shovel Cock!

Another amazing episode. The opening montage was great. The scene where Tommy told his dad was awesome... then the immediate laugh inducing scenes later.

It will definitely be interesting to see where they head with the arcs next week.

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
I thought it was another really good, but heavy show this week. i really liked the Johnny character in this show and was said to see him killed off. The good thing is that they can still use him like they do Connor and Jimmy.

Next week looks to be outstanding. FX has the title and short summary of the plot already up.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

The scene with Charles Durning was especially touching to me. When he gave his "no black suits, no black dresses, I want bright colors" speech it was like he was channeling my mom after my dad passed away. Mom also wanted to celebrate a life not mourn a death. My dad was a commercial artist and my sister summed it up like this: "Daddy was a splash of color on an otherwise dull world and I'll be damned if I'm wearing black to his funeral".

Dad would have loved this show. :)

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Great use of the unsaid in this episode.

Tommy and Lou listening to the messages from the Nun [ie, Tommy going apeshit over the bad mojo Lou brought into his house by effing the bride of Christ, then all that went down].

Lou's reaction shots being avoided when Tommy pulls a Johnny, leaving the message on Johnny's cell.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I really didn't get the hysterics in Franco's new girl freaking out over looking like his daughter. Big surprise. She's mixed with big mixed textured hair, and so is his daughter. Big whoop! What is being said here? He's replacing his daughter with her??? That is stupid. I think women are just nuts!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

She's worried that Franco isn't really as in love with her as he thinks, that he's subconciously using her as a substitute for his lost daughter. So she wants him to deal with that situation before they try to work out their own relationship. There's nothing "stupid" about it and women aren't nuts. (OK, they are nuts, but this particular incident isn't evidence of that, since her reaction is rational here. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was more about Franco dating women that could look like his daughter's mother, because the other interpretation is a little icky. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Not if you view it as purely a matter of emotional connection and transference, rather than something sexual. Although there may be something to his search, concious or otherwise, for a "mommy" for Keela, and for a stereotypical nuclear family (which was also present to a degree and then frustrated in his relationship with Susan Sarandon's character.)

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gotta stick with my guns here, just icky if Franco is looking at Natalie as a "replacement" for his daughter, especially since Franco is having "relations" with Natalie.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It was a great episode.. can someone tell me if they ever mentioned Rosemary the Lost Sister before or did tey just pull another Gavin out of the Blue? Where's the infamous "Other" brother? I can accept nnot being at Conner's Funeral but he was'nt at His Brothers? I still think the other guy was a replacement for Dean Winters and then Winters became available again.

It's great Leary got an emmy nod but this series deserves Best Writing and Best Dramatic Series Noms as well.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I say the only thing icky about it is the same thing that's icky when any one person looks at another person and sees a million things based on past experiences that have little to do with the person in front of them. Women sometimes see their fathers or brothers in men. Men sometimes see their mother or sisters. The list goes on. We take what we don't know and use what we do to attempt to understand it.

While the show suggests Natalie's physical similarity to Keela as a component of Franco's affection for Natalie (he feels comfortable to her because she resembles someone he's already comfortable with), I don't see any suggestion Franco is having sex with Natalie because he really wants his daughter in that way.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Seeing as Keela's mom [Nez] was played by Patricia 'First Marta' Valesquez, not so much. She is Venezuelan, has very straight hair, and very sharp features.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lou on the way to the boat scene ran for too long, but was funny nonetheless.

I hope Sheila does burn in the house, she is so messed up inside.

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
I thought it was a good season finale. Hard to believe the season is over already. Glad to see everyone (for the most part should be back for next year). i guess the only question mark is what is going to happen to Sheila.

My only gripe with this season was the whole Franco storyline. I just didn't by that he would act the way he did.

Not quite a good to me as season 2, but very solid.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Sheila is one fucked up individual. LOL. I gotta say that most of Tommy's problems burned up with the house... if he does walk out alive, he'll go back to work with all the guys he loves for another couple of years, he can move back in with Janet and the kids, and he might even have a new male heir.

I really thought that Sheila was going to just out and shoot Tommy...

So many questions till Season 4. This was my favorite season of Rescue Me so far... no episode really struck me as even mediocre. Amazing television.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks