What's new

Rescue Me Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
6/20/06

It's been a while since I sat there watching something on regular cable TV with my jaw solidly on the floor as Tommy executed a grudge-f* to perfection. Whoa.

"You win." Great epiphany scene for Lou to want to sober up and "get on the right track" again. (Lovely imagery, eh?)

Probie's brokeback scenes just seem odd in a "not the sharpest tool in the shed" sort of way.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I agree Patrick. I was floored by that, at first I though 'Oh great, now he's gonna have to deal with a rape charge', but no... it was very well played out.

Great scene with Lou contemplating his suicide.

And Probie's line about his roommate not being gayer then him because he's not gay was hilarious. As was all of Tommy's Sperm Clinic stuff.

"We found dust"

"Well, that's cause I hadn't used it in a while"

Amazing stuff this week. It's a shame more people aren't talking about this show week to week, it's just great stuff.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Whats sad...Is that I can see Al Sharpton complaining that they stopped to saved kids in a school bus over the cardiac victim. :rolleyes

I wonder if Tommy and the Ex are going to get back together...again? Or will she get pregnant?

My wife and I think the one guys admission to Susan Sarandon's character about his daughters legal status will come back to haunt him?

Finally, the actress who plays Tommy's cousins wife is hot. :)

"Crazy chick phone day" :D

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
The scene with Lou and the Bum at the train tracks was both tragic and freaking hilarious. It encapsulated everything that I love about this show. Awesome!

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
That was by far the best show of the season, by far.

You gotta think that Tommy's Ex is going to get pregnant and that will be the cliffhanger at the end of the season.

I loved Tommy telling Lou that he would have to leave if he started crying. classic!

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

That's for sure. I'm just wondering if she'll use it as part of a revenge scheme when they break it off, or is there something even deeper to it.

I almost cringed when he told her...

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
I'm thinking she's going to use it to get rid of the kid. She'd much rather Franco be her boytoy and nothing else. Get rid of the kid... convince Franco to quit the department... be taken care of by his sugar mama.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Saradon's character reminds of the one she played in "Alfie" (recent Jude Law remake of Michael Caine's version).

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
No. I think she will use this information to take the kid. Remember it's already been establised that she could never have children. With this new information he's given her she could take the child and never worry about him reporting her without he himself getting in trouble.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
This show just keeps getting better. Definitely a case of "one of the best shows on TV that millions of people aren't watching". Where to begin?

1) "Brokeback Probie". At first I was convinced that the whole thing was was a giant bit of misdirection and that they were going to reveal that the roommate had actually been mopping up a soda spill or assembling a set of electric trains or something just out of camera range, rather than what it looked like - and turned out to be. Dumber than a bag full of hammers, indeed. And he seems to have met his mental match. :)

2) "They use a giant penis pump." "Can you think about me?"

3) Tommy and the wigglers. Can you say, "For your Emmy (tm) consideration?"

4) "Crazy chick phone day"

5) Angry sex. "Sorry about the blouse." "It wasn't one of my favorites." (And yet another reminder of how hot Andrea Roth is.) I loved her sitting demurely on the couch, obviously showered and redressed, by the time Johnny got there.

6) "You go ahead."

The Sharpton stuff was so specific that I suspect it was shot for the show, rather than culled from existing news footage. Which is just odd. One minor quibble - no way the Post would have run that headline. The Daily News? Sure. The New York Times? Absolutely. Wordier, but making the same point. (Not that the guys would have cared since none of them read the Times) But there is no way the New York Post would have reported the story from Sharpton's point of view. Their cover would have featured Sharpton and a headline about him attacking the heroes of the NYFD. :D

Yeah, that was a real creepy look. Nothing good can come of this.

The previews: "Cancer is the big 'C'. Chlamydia? Small 'c'." Boy, Marisa Tomei is sure looking good these days. I never understood why she didn't become a huge star after doing the nearly-impossible twice, by winning an Oscar (tm) in what amounted to her first movie and winning for a comedy for My Cousin Vinny. (Still one of my all-time favorite movies, I probably watch it two or three times a year.)

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if it was intentional, but if you go back to Tommy and Janet on the couch in coitus, Tommy's wearing the dark coat, while Janet has on lighter shades of clothing.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Yep she took the daughter. I think it's interesting that alot of guys thought she'd wanted to get rid of the daughter to have Franco all to herself. Franco is just like any guy, she could get another, but a daughters love, that's something she couldn't resist. I loved her exchange with Tommy at the firehouse.

I love this show. Tommy's sister telling him not to look at her ass. LOL

The most annoying thing is trying to get friends to watch this show who won't give it a chance. Their loss.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Very fun episode again.

Interesting how fast the Franco/daughter stuff happened. Could I be so used to Sopranos that I didnt expect anything to happen for another couple of episodes.

Equally interesting was Tommy's visions coming back. I guess the more he starts to fuck with other people's lives, the worst it gets for himself. Even without the drinking he's a wreak - interesting to see how that works out.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I'm not sure if this comes as a shock to me (not because I was put off by it, but because people always overract out of context)

Apprently the "rape" scene from a week ago has stired up some controversy. CNN has a video up, I can't directly link it, so head over to CNN.com and check out the video in Entertainment news.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I didn't notice till just seeing it on that clip from CNN.com ... but the boom mike operator is almost in the middle of the frame when Tommy throws her onto the couch in the rape scene.

I'm kind of excited that the show is getting press, actually. Maybe now more people will give my favorite show a chance.

As for the argument... it's stupid. People don't rape their partners because of one scene in a television show... most of us aren't as fucked up as Tommy is (or, at least I hope we aren't).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks