What's new

Rescue Me Season 2 (2 Viewers)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
This weeks episode is definatly in my top 3. Lots of funny lines tonight. My favorite

Tommy " So what did god sound like? "
Cousin "Tom Hanks"

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The series came in under the radar in its first season. I don't think anyone was expecting serious drama. Judging from the mainstream entertainment press like TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly, Rescue Me is getting much more attention this year. (Of course, that could just be good marketing by FX.)

M.

BennyD

Stunt Coordinator
My girlfriend and I had the good fortune of discovering this show when season one started airing. I was a little weary of the first few episodes this season as they didn't seem to have quite the dark humor that season one had, but this last weeks episode redeemed the series in my eyes.

As you all know by now, the writing is top notch to the point that I find myself actually yelling at the TV for Tommy not to do it every time he gets ready to have a drink. His fall was great. His redemption thus far has been even better. And the cliff hanger this week has me salivating for next weeks episode. I just hope that enough people discover the show that it sticks around for at least a few more seasons. It's beautiful to see a great show back on TV that isn't a cookie cutter representation of a formula.

Unintentionally probably, I found it hilarious that Tommy gave his profanity laced speech on name calling and due to TV censorship they had to then refer to it as "the C word" throughout all of the dialog.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Leary and Tolan got Emmy nods today for the first season pilot. Rescue Me got 2 nods in total, didn't see what the other one was.

Still, congratulations are in order.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I doubt that "TV censorship" had anything to do with it. Even if the show were on HBO I don't think the firefighters would have said anything other than "the c-word" because that's what the logic of the scene and the characters called for. They know "the c-word" is offensive, they were debating whether or not the other word was. So there initially it made perfect sense that they wouldn't use a word they knew would set Jan off while they are trying to convince her that she should lighten up. They would have lost her the moment someone uttered it. As the scene progressed to the "new words", the sheer absurdity of things made it impossible for any of the guy to use the real one. I think this was very intentionally hilarious and they kept building on it throughout the scene. I really don't think Tolan and Leary would have changed a syllable even if they'd been able to it.

Regards,

Joe

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Qwat!:D :D :D

I've got $5 that Amazonian vet-lady turns out to be a dominatrix. Also, Tommy's frequent halucinations turns into full-blown dementia by season 4.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I freaking love this show, and you are right not alot of people know about it.... both me and the wife love this show!!!

My favorite part in the last episode was the speech by tommy and the "what if" scenario if he were to go into the liquor store...

Great show......

Right now f/x has the best shows for us

The Shield
Rescue Me
Nip/Tuck
30 Days.....

I can't wait to see "Over There" too....

R~

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Probably the best episode of the season so far. I was howling during the cwat/twunt segment in the firehouse.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
7/19/05

The writing on this show is so fluid, and funny.

Tommy finally finds out about Sheila's faking the rest of the pregnancy. Will he go after his kids, per Mary Magdalene's suggestion?

Franco is going to lose his vicadin hook-up and Laura, it's inevitable.

"Frank." 'nuff said.

Couldn't imagine coming home to what Jerry came home to, finding his wife in bed with another man because she had no idea she was married due to her condition.

Probie at least has a sex life, Sean is still on the outside looking in, it would seem. Having Franco on the make while Laura was inside the burnt out building, and Sean trying to show off his plummage as well to Heather, the wannabe buddhist.

So many threads in this episode, how do they keep it flowing and cohesive?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
That's two weeks in a row now where an entire scene sounded like a Denis Leary stand-up routine, with the lines broken up among the squad. (Last week's was the "twunt" discussion.) They're even funnier when the lines get ping-ponged among the characters.

M.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The whole sensitivity training sequence did sound like a Stand up routine but it was a riot.
No that was a Gallardo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks