What's new

Rescue Me Season 1 coming in June (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,

this is from DVD Answers:

Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment has [...] released early details on the first season of Rescue Me which stars Denis Leary, Mike Lombardi, James McCaffrey, Jack McGee and Steven Pasquale. This three-disc set will be available to own from the 7th June this year, priced at around $49.95. The total episode runtime is listed as being 594 minutes. We'll bring you further details on this one very shortly.
-----

Considering the running time and disc count I kinda doubt we'll get many extras, but nice to see it's coming.

Chris

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
About time. I wonder if season 2 will start in June (although I have originally read season 2 starts in Early August on FX).

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I got an e-mail on this from TV Shows on DVD today. I'm a psyched. Love the show. For those not familiar with it, this would probably be a good place to mention that Leary's previous series, The Job, is also coming to DVD. (In a huge dramatic stretch, Leary plays a drunken Irish cop with serious family and work issues. ;)) I never saw the show, which had the misfortune to be a new cop show set in New York and debuting in September 2001. Between all of prime time being pre-epmted for weeks after the 11th and spotty scheduling thereafter the series never had a chance. I've heard nothing but good things about it and am looking forward to Leary's take on the NYPD.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Today TV Shows on DVD posted the cover art for Rescue Me Season One

As noted, I can't wait for this release, as I'm a huge fan. Such a huge fan that when trying to master a DVD cover art program I made a mock-up of a Rescue Me cover (although it was sized for a 22-episode, 6-disc set) I was amused to see that I'd selected the same pic for the main image (I downloaded it from the official sites.)

In some ways I like my version better. :)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
New details available on The Job, the complete series release, including list of extras, episodes and commentary tracks. From the episode list it is apparent that Leary and Tolan had the same "one word title" rule on their previous show that they do on Rescue Me.

A thread specifically on the DVD release of The Job can be found here.

Regards,

Joe

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
About time its coming out. Definatly one of the best new shows on cable last year

capt

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm glad to hear this will be coming out and right around my birthday too;). I tuned into it when it premiered, not expecting much, and much to my surprise I was quite thrilled with this show. I love the show's dark comedy and how it mixes with the drama of the show so well. A definite pick-up for me.:)

BTW, any word on what extras will be like on these DVD's?

Thanks!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle

Oops, I didn't notice that you had already gone over the extras.:) It looks like it will be a fairly decent set though I wish there could be a few more commentaries in place of all of the behind-the-scenes features.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

In one way I agree, but I can also see why there might not be. I think doing commentaries on a still-in-production series with plot points to protect and on which neither the creators nor the viewers have much real perspective has got to be very different than doing them for a completed show that the creators are looking back on with the added objectivity of a few years away from the daily grind. (Remember when Bryan Singer gave up on the idea of doing a commentary for the first DVD release of X-Men, in large part because he was still too close to the project when he would have had to record it?)

Leary and Tolan must have recorded the commentaries that are here with S1 fresh in their minds and while either writing or shooting S2 - and probably while also doing the (more numerous) commentary tracks for The Job. Two commentaries out of 13 episodes really isn't bad considered in that light.

Regards,

Joe

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I wish there were more commentaries too, but I'm just glad we will be getting the first season to DVD and there are deleted scenes.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle

I don't necessarily think that being in production has anything to do with how commentaries are done. For example, all of the box sets of The Shield have had numerous commentaries on them and the show is still in production. IIRC the 1st season release of The Shield had commentaries on each episode.

I'm glad that we will be able to get at least two commentaries on this show ( and on the two most important episodes too) but I would rather see the fluffy production featurettes trimmed down in exchange for maybe a couple extra commentaries.

One other extra that I think is going to be cool is the preview of things to come in season 2.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
A/V is very good, about what you'd expect from such a recent TV show. It has an overall rather gritty look, which is very much intended.

I think tvshowsondvd.com has a review of this, so you might wanna check there, too.

Great show, btw. Hope season 2 is released soon.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks