What's new

Rescue From Gilligan's Island Dvd Question (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
SilverWook said:
Wonder why they never used the original lagoon over at CBS Television City again?
...by that time it was buldozed and turned into a parking lot!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
It's mostly a parking lot now...there are some small offices, and it's home to the Big Brother house. A plaque commemorates the lagoon and the SS Minnow.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I attended a taping of Roseanne once about 20 years ago at the CBS Studio City.
During breaks for camera set-ups, Roseanne would sometimes come over and chat with the audience
I remember there was a man in the audience named Vito Scotti.
He was a character actor who appeared on Gilligan's Island a couple of times. I think his character's name was Boris, among others..
He stood up and introduced himself, and told everybody that Gilligan's Island used to film in the very same sound stage where Roseanne was filming.
Kinda wish I would have asked for his autograph, because he died shortly thereafter.
Roseanne eventually did a Gilligan's Island dream sequence episode.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Vito Scotti had a very long and distinguished career as a character actor. Yes, he was "Boris" in one Gilligan episode (a mad scientist who hypnotizes several of the castaways) but he was also in a VERY un-PC performance that wouldn't pass muster today the nearsighted Japanese sailor in two S1 episodes. But he was also at home in dramatic series too over the years (several times a guest on "Columbo" and one time on an "Ironside" as a proud Mexican-American war veteran whose son has become a bitter radical)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Yes, I've seen him in a lot of reruns since then.
In fact, I recently watched an old episode of The Farmer's Daughter and he was in it.
He was hilarious as a prissy fashion designer. He acted very "flamboyant" (if you know what I mean).
The episode is called, "High Fashion" if you ever get a chance to watch it.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Jack P said:
Vito Scotti had a very long and distinguished career as a character actor. Yes, he was "Boris" in one Gilligan episode (a mad scientist who hypnotizes several of the castaways) but he was also in a VERY un-PC performance that wouldn't pass muster today the nearsighted Japanese sailor in two S1 episodes. But he was also at home in dramatic series too over the years (several times a guest on "Columbo" and one time on an "Ironside" as a proud Mexican-American war veteran whose son has become a bitter radical)
Vito Scotti was TV's answer to J. Caroll Nash!

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis
Vito thrived on TV, with appearances on Andy's Gang, Peter Gunn, Bonanza, The Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, Batman, The Monkees, The Flying Nun, and many more!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks