What's new

Rescheduling Halloween? (1 Viewer)

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Hold on just one minute here .... I'm a traditional guy and I for one, object to moving Halloween. If Halloween is moved to Saturday evening, just when the hell are we supposed to egg the houses, soap the cars, and TP the trees ... Friday? Was there a formal announcement of this? Lord knows we cant do everything on Saturday ... we don't want any collateral damage from eggs wizzing over the little ones heads now do we ...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
quote: when i was in college in bozeman MT halloween was usually cold and snowy, they'd give the kids in the dorms candy to hand out and let the little ones trick

or treat through the dorms. Always wondered what kind of parents turned their kids loose in a college dorm...

The university I went to did this as well.

I don't have a problem with it being moved to Saturday I guess...although no place I've ever lived in has done this...it will keep trick-or-treaters from interupting Sunday Night Football, and that's what's most important right?

Seriously, as to the decline of Trick-or-treaters...now that I live out in the country, I wouldn't know anymore how popular it is to do in the neighborhoods.

When I was growing up, we used to get a lot of candy because we'd go to the mall, we'd go to the nursing home where my mom worked...they had people passing out candy all over the place...and then we'd hit the neighborhoods, and all of our friend's places.

Good times

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
quote: Hold on just one minute here .... I'm a traditional guy and I for one, object to moving Halloween. If Halloween is moved to Saturday evening, just when

the hell are we supposed to egg the houses, soap the cars, and TP the trees ... Friday? Was there a formal announcement of this? Lord knows we cant do

everything on Saturday ... we don't want any collateral damage from eggs wizzing over the little ones heads now do we ...

All of the activities you mentioned, for us anyway were not Halloween activities, they were done home coming week.

again, good times

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If any of these people think that magically children dressed as popular media characters and ghouls will NOT show-up on their doorstep asking for candy on the 31st are going to be sadly mistaken.

When I told my neice this, she replied with the genius: "Oh Boy! Two days of candy!" now she wants a second costume.

PS: If you see a 3 year old blonde girl dressed as the HULK, give her all your candy!
biggrin.gif

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
quote: Well, here in the Denver/Boulder area we seem to always get our first snowfall right around Halloween

As an aside, it's snowing in Boulder right now (however, it's light and won't accumulate). BTW, here's the weather forecast for the Denver Metro area today according to 9news.com as of 2:21pm Mountain:

quote:TODAY'S FORECAST:

A beautiful finish to our week with a mixture of sun and clouds. A rather strong jetstream is diving across the plains today, which will generate a few showers in northeastern Colorado. Temperatures will stay cool across the northeast plains including Denver, otherwise look for partly cloudy skies and highs approaching 70.

It's currently 41 degrees in Denver.

"Since when can weathermen predict the weather--let alone the future." - Marty McFly

EDIT: Heh. 9news.com just updated its "forecast".

-Mike

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
As an aside on the weather question, weather is predicable using the Navier-Stokes equations. Unfortunately, since they are nonlinear partial differential equations we still don't have computers capable of solving them in a timely fashion. This requires the use of simplified equations that have errors
wink.gif

Kenneth

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks