Requiem/Pi Good DVD's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam_WM, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Hey, I was considering picking up the Pi/Requiem for a Dream DVD set. Are these DVD's worth it? Are they good quality? Video? Sound? Etc? how about extras? Plus, are the movies good?

2. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

They are both absolutely superb!
    The Unrated/Director's Cut edition of Requiem for a Dream is one of the best DVDs out ther IMO. The video and 5.1 DD are amazing. The extras are comprehensive and fascinating. The behind-the-scenes footage is second to none. NONE. And the movie ain't bad either. [​IMG]
    For an indie, b&w film like Pi, the transfer is great. Retaining the excellent, gritty feel of the theatrical presentation. It's got some cool extras, which don't quite match Requiem's great disc, but are still fun, and give a good insight into the making of the movie.
    At the price they're going for, you can't afford NOT to have them in your collection. Go and get them now! [​IMG]

3. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I second the thoughts on both DVDs. They're both well worth picking up. I know Pi can be had for under $10.00 - a no brainer pick-up in my mind.

4. Brian Einarsen

Brian Einarsen Auditioning

I thought the Pi/Requiem for a Dream DVD set came with the R-rated version of Requiem for a Dream?

Anyone who can confirm this is not true?

5. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I can confirm that all the ones on the shelf at my local Best Buy contain the Unrated Directors Cut of Requiem.

6. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I never saw the R Rated requiem-I didn't think such a thing existed? I can think of one thing that might bave to be trimmed a little, but that's about it. Otherwise, a great film. Pi is also a phenomenal disc-haven't had a chance to watch most of the extras on it though, so can only coment on the film itself. The fact that they're in a cheap 2-pack should make it a no brainer-I paid something like $30 for each when they first came out and I'm glad that I got em.

7. Doug_L

Doug_L Stunt Coordinator

Amazon says the Requiem for a Dream is the Edited version.

Cheap, though.

8. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I picked up the Pi / Unrated Requiem at my Best Buy last month for $14.99. The package clearly says Director's Cut, but I haven't yet watched the movie, and don't know what to look for to confirm if it is/isn't the DC, but the packaging clearly says it's the DC.