What's new

Requiem For a Dream Differences (1 Viewer)

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
^ ^ Do you perhaps live in Canada? The 'unrated' edition in Canada actually carries a Canadian home video rating of R, and so thusly, it can be stocked in Blockbuster and other places. I have only seen the edited version in previously played bins.

And I would definantly advocate getting the unrated cut. The movie is a wonderful work of art. It's brutally unpleasant to watch, which is exactly its intention. The editing is very rapid paced at times, but at other times very slow and calm. The photography and editing has that unique rarely attained quality where every shot and cut looks perfectly planned and timed for maximum effectiveness. All of the video effects, of which there are many are so perfectly chosen. They do not look like gimmicks, (As they do in CSI IMO) but as part of the thesis.

Also, the 5.1 soundtrack is equally as effective. Make sure you watch it in 5.1 if you can. I feel the sound design merits considerable discussion that film studies never seens to touch upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks