Requesting Help from Panny 47 Owners with Progressive DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinO, Aug 18, 2001.

1. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

I bought a progressive DVD player today (JVC S65), and noticed something strange. When I use the progressive output, the green cross "convergence 1" grid on the TV's user menu shifts. When I first noticed this, I assumed that the grid was just off, but then I turned off the progressive output, and the grid was correct! Does this make sense? Anyway, I would appreciate it if Panny 47 owners with progressive DVD of any kind (but especially JVC) would see if they also notice this. Thanks in advance!

2. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

3. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

[unselfish bump] Thanks for any assistance.

4. Jeff Leigh

Jeff Leigh Agent

Yep, the same thing happens on my set. I thought it was because there are different convergence memories for 480i and 480p, but that's not the case. If you adjust the cross in one mode it affects in it the other mode. I just set it all up in one mode and left it like that.
    ------------------

5. tommy_esq

tommy_esq Stunt Coordinator

kevin- same tv, same dvd player, same thing. out of curiousity, what do you think of the combo? i think the jvc has a lot of nice features for the money. i just discovered the 3dphonic sound and the user settings for the picture. looks like you can do quite a bit of tweaking. i am looking forward to calibrating with VE.

6. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the confirmation everyone.
    Tommy, like the player so far. I think I'm going to get the new DVD Audio player (70/75) with DTS decoding, however. Same player other than those two differences.