Requesting advice

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Gary Gotch, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Gary Gotch

Gary Gotch Auditioning

Nov 10, 2005
    My wife and I are getting very close to purchasing our first high definition TV.

Presently we own a 55" Pioneer Elite 4:3 big screen TV. The television was purchased in 1992. It exhibits a hiss in the audio from the unit's own speakers, so we regularly use our external sound system. The picture displayed by the set, however, remains very fine.

Given the set's audio problem, and the fact that it is almost 14 years old, makes me reluctant to try to sell the TV.

My question to all: What does one do with an aged big screen TV? What might seem like an easy-answered question leaves me pause.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks much,

2. John S

John S Producer

Nov 4, 2003
    Pass it on... I mean for free, or at least them comming and getting it.

I can only imnage a gazillion teenage boys would jump on it if they knew it was up for grabs.
  3. Dan Keliikoa

Dan Keliikoa Stunt Coordinator

Feb 19, 2003

That's a big set! If it's still very functional, I'd be reticent to give it up; if there's any way another room in the house could accommodate it, I would do that.

Second choice would be to see if family or friends would be interested in buying the set from you, or you could give it to them. If it's too big for anyone's vehicle (likely), rent a small van/truck to move it, keeping it upright.

Third choice would be donation to goodwill, or a charity.

Those are the ideas that immediately come to mind. Good luck!

I personally wouldn't sell it, but if I had to get it out of the home (that is a large piece of furniture, no doubt!) I'd likely give it away. The guns are old (assuming they've not been replaced?) and when they go, they'll cost a small fortune to that would buy a new display easily.