What's new

Request for a change in the subject of thread. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I started a thread recently on the Audio/Video Sources board dealing with a price drop on the Sony SCD-CE775. Here is a link to the thread in question:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=53742
Could someone change the subject from:
"Sony SCD-CE775 $249 at OneCall and Crutchfield."
to:
"Sony SCD-CE775 now only $200!"
The price of the 'CE775 dropped from $350 to $250, but then dropped to $200 only a few days later. Also, there is no reason to reference particular dealers in the subject because the $200 price seems to be common to most, if not all mail-order dealers. Thanks in advance.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of this, it would be great if the HTF would allow thread starters to modify the subject line of the thread they started, at the very least up until say 3 replies have been posted.

This will make it easy to fix spelling mistakes and to clarify the meaning of the thread, as well as allow for updates of the kind Keith asked for in this thread.

I guess the argument against this would be that people will keep chaning their thread titles and it would become confusing, but this has not been the case at all at the Swedish DVD site I am a member of, where subject-editing is allowed. It has helped make the forum better.

/Mike

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Bump... any comments on this? I think it would benefit the forum a whole lot, and it would also help take some work off the moderators (I am absolutely sure that it would nnot create more work).

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:

Sorry but that is something that we decided to leave in the hands of the moderators. All you have to do is ask and any moderator will be happy to change a title for you.

Parker

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
OK, I just think it would eliminate a lot of problems, while not creating any new ones. But thanks for the answer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks