Req Help on programming Macros - Logic Difficulties

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Drew Salter, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Drew Salter

Drew Salter Agent

Hey

Just got my H/K AVR 325 hooked up and I'm looking to program the macro buttons now but I've come to a standstill and I need advice for how to procede...

I've got a 51" Sony TV and obviously have different devices going to different inputs on the TV. ie. HDTV and DVD on Video 5, Digital Cable on Video 3, etc.

I'm having some difficulty in that the TV has only a single button to select the video channel and you must cycle through all 7. You cannot simply press a button to go to video 4.

When programming the Macros on the H/K, does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can tell it to go to video 5 when I want DVD?

Anybody know how to procede? Whom do I ask about this? H/K or Sony?

Thanks.

Drew

2. David_AD

David_AD Extra

I have a 42" Sony that is about 6 years old. It has discreet codes for each input that were unavailable on the remote. They were available on the Sony RM-AV3000 remote and on my HTM MX-800.

A work around that HTM suggested is when programing the macro to have the macro start by going up one channel or to a certain channel on the TV ( this will force most TV's into TV input) then to select INPUT 4 more times to take you to Video5. This should work fine if you are unable to access the discreet codes...

3. Drew Salter

Drew Salter Agent

Genius!

That worked perfectly. Thanks.

Drew

4. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

That works but it's slow. Gets annoying if you change inputs frequnetly. I'd recommend that you pick up a cheap OneForAll remote, go to www.hifi-remote.com and look at the instructions for "advanced codes", so you can find the discrete (not "discreet") "jump to input 4" codes.