Reputable overseas source for Dreamcast maracas?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lawson, Jul 10, 2002.

1. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    I grow tired of playing Samba De Amigo with the standard controller, and I think I'm going to take the (third party) maracas plunge. The problem is, I have no idea who is a trustworthy source.
    I've found www.ps2modchip.com and www.lik-sang.com so far. Any recommendations? I'd prefer to pay by credit card, of course.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Why go overseas?
    http://www.levelsix.com should have them, as should Baysoft Games.
    If you're desperate to buy abroad, the likes of Lik Sang are fine - though I'm unsure of the current state of them vs customs, for a while it seemed like almost every package from them was being delayed. Another alternative is Lan Kwei, another HK based retailer with much the same inventory as LS. They also have the unlicenced DC Para Para Paradise rip-off, which few places sell.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Look around at GameStop or FuncoLand and they might have something. (they were released domestically)

4. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I've ordered several items from Lik Sang successfully recently. I purchased my maracas from another company in HK whos name temporarily escapes me but the prices were about the same as LS.

Just do a google search on "Cha Cha Amigo" (the name of the off brand controllers) and you will get pages of results.

There is nothing like playing Samba w/ Maracas - although it apparently is a gateway drug - Since then I've ended up becoming a DDR addict also and recently constructed my own metal hardpads...

Hope this helps.

5. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

6. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm well aware of how difficult it is to locate the official Sega maracas. If I did happen upon a set at a local store, chances are I'd turn around and sell them on eBay for enough to purchase two sets of third-party ones. [​IMG]
    Brian, thanks especially for the domestic vendor links. ~$60 shipped is about what I was willing to spend, so Level Six should work nicely.