What's new

Replicate the remote control for my Sony home theater system (1 Viewer)

Allessso

Auditioning
Real Name
Shelly May
I am trying to replicate the remote control for my Sony home theater system. I started with anaylzing the demodulated signal of power on button using a TSOP1738 IR demodulator(http://www.kynix.com/Detail/840529/TSOP1738.html). It looks like this:
FRbH8.png

You can see the signal (along with the decoded command). Next I replicated the signal using the Arduino (and as per SIRC protocol, chose 1/4 duty @ 38Khz). Below is the signal of a complete one to show the code sent and a zoomed one to show the 38Khz 25% duty burst within the signal.

NafZ4.png

Mnp1l.png

Now to drive an IR LED using this signal, I fed this into a 2N2222 NPN BJT transistor's base with its collector connected to +5V and base to IR LED -> Series Resistance -> GND. And to test the signal I fed this "generated" signal through the TSOP1738 again and probed the output.

7PrhAl.jpg

The signal I get looks like an IR signal except for the 1's (when TSOP1738 goes LOW) instead of being LOW for a duration, as in the first image. I see a lot of toggling going on:

qNILm.png

The "generated" signal, of course, does not work. Any idea what's going in here ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks