What's new

ReplayTV - great gadget (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Whew. Luckily I found it saved on my computer. From what Amazon is telling me, your order date is the one the rebates go by. Since I ordered on 3/11/03, I should still be able to get both $50 rebates. Gonna contact SonicBlue to make sure...and if so, I'll be one happy camper.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
OH - MY - GOD! I've had my ReplayTV 5040 only since late Friday night. I LOVE IT! Just being able to set up custom channels, telling it to record certain shows or certain time periods, is awsome!!!! I love the ethernet port where I can rip my shows and conver to VCD to store. It's fantastic. Commercial advance has worked for me most of the time when watching recorded shows. I always felt people were exaggerating when they said "I don't know how I watched TV before ReplayTV"....but now I know how they feel. It's great!

mike caronia

Second Unit
Question for Replay saavy folks...once I set something up to record a specific show, there seems to be no way to stop the recording of that show. When I first got my ReTV, I had it set to record Get Smart every day. Now, I don't want it to do it, but it does anyway. On my schedule, it doesn't have a red record button, it just records it. In my recorded shows list, there is nothing there showing it will be recording...odd. That happens for 2 other shows I set up for in the beginning.
Am I looking in the wrong areas?
Thanks. I love my ReplayTV. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You can tell it to record on a specific day of the week (in Other Options). Just uncheck the days of the week you don't want the ReplayTV to record the show (at that particular time of the day).

Roger Li

Grip
Mike, you may have set up a theme based channel, and told it to record certain shows whenever they are on. For example, if you like "Judge Judy" like shows, you can tell it to record shows that have the word "Judge" in the title up to however many hours you want. You'll then get Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, etc. This is probably why it records shows without the red record indicator on a particular episode in your "channel guide." To get rid of it, go to your replay guide, select the name of the theme based channel (to the left of the recorded episode), hit select, then tell it to delete that "channel." You can also do this through setup--theme based recording options. Hope this helps.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I spent most of yesterday upgrading the hard drives on my 3 Showstoppers. Two of them now have 120GB Maxtor hard drives in them (they were on sale last month for $80 after rebates), and using the Acoustic Management utility on the Max Blast software that comes with the hard drives, I set both drives to "Quiet" mode, and it has done the job in making the drives quiet.

The longest part of the process was doing the Low Level Format of each hard drive (took 4+ hours each). The actual migration of the old hard drives to the new hard drives didn't take all that long using RTVPatch 2.4. and it did preserve my shows that I had on the old hard drives.

I'll be upgrading my 3rd Showstopper by replacing the 20GB hard drive with a 100GB Western Digital hard drive that is now laying around. I had been using it in one of my other Showstoppers before doing the upgrade yesterday. I had upgraded the 3rd unit with an older 5400 rpm hard drive, but it's simply too noisy, so I'm taking it out and using the WD 100GB drive, and relegating that old drive into backup duty.

So I'll have over 300 hours of recording time spread out among the 3 units once I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks