What's new

ReplayTV Digital Sound?? (1 Viewer)

Dougie

Grip
I'm trying to hook up my new ReplayTV 5040 to my JVC Stereo Receiver RX-7010VBK. I've tried to get digital sound and have connnected the ReplayTV digital output to the digital input on the back of the JVC. However, I am unable to get any sound output whatsoever. :frowning: Any advice would be much appreciated.:emoji_thumbsup:

David Judah

Screenwriter
There is nothing you have to do to the Replay for it to output digitally, so maybe it's something in the JVC(barring a defective 5040).

I would check the input mode on the receiver. I'm not familiar with the particulars of your JVC, but most receivers have an input mode button so you can toggle between the analog and digital version of each input. If you have it stuck in analog mode and all you have is a digital connection into that input, then that could be your problem.

Also, some receivers require that you assign your digital inputs, so you might check that, as well.

Good luck,

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks