Replay won't download

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Camp, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Camp

    Camp Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 1999
    Messages:
    2,301
    Likes Received:
    0
    I inadvertantly unplugged my ReplayTV from the Ethernet connection for about 3 days. I noticed my error yesterday so I plugged it back in hoping it would do the nightly download to refresh the guide.

    Well, it didn't do it. I checked and the connection settings are all fine -it just didn't try. Is there any way I can "force" it to connect and download the Guide data?
     
  2. Patrick Sun

    Patrick Sun Moderator
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 1999
    Messages:
    38,717
    Likes Received:
    463
    Have you tried the "2-4-3" "Zone" trick to get to the menu that will allow you to force a channel guide update?

    Just punch in 2-4-3 and "Zone" to bring up the menu, and choose the Net Connect selection.

    I do this on my older Showstopper ReplayTVs, but I think it's the same with the 5xxx series.
     
  3. John_Williams

    John_Williams Auditioning

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2002
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    The 243 Zone menu is the way to go for the 5000 series also. I just had to do this the other day[​IMG]
     
  4. Camp

    Camp Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 1999
    Messages:
    2,301
    Likes Received:
    0
    What is a 243 Zone menu?
     
  5. Gabriel_Lam

    Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2002
    Messages:
    1,402
    Likes Received:
    0
    Press 2
    Press 4
    Press 3
    Press Zone
     
  6. Camp

    Camp Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 1999
    Messages:
    2,301
    Likes Received:
    0
    oh, that seems intuitive enough. Thanks...I'll give that a shot.
     
  7. Camp

    Camp Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 1999
    Messages:
    2,301
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanks guys! That did it. The force download from the 243 Zone menu didn't work at first but the option to "clear channel guide" rebooted the system. That, followed by a forced-download seems to have done the trick.

    Good to have a forum to turn to for knowledgeable help.
     

Share This Page