Replay TV with AV Receiver & Dish

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Don_K, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Don_K

Don_K Agent

Santa gave me a Replay 5040, and my mind is slightly boggled. Would I want to connect it inline ... DBS to Replay to DBS-in on receiver? Connect it as a VCR? Do I really need to glue that funky IR-Blaster to the front of my Dish receiver?

TIA

Don

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Don:

You will need to have the IR-Blaster attached to your Dish to be able to get it to change your channel on your Dish to the correct one to record.

You should have a manual that outlines the best way to set your unit. I am not sure of the outputs you have off you DBS. How do you normally set up your DBS to your receiver?

Parker

3. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

Don, if your TV has enough inputs, I think the typical scenario is to hook DBS to Replay, and Replay to the TV. That way you can watch Replay, with sound, without needing to turn on the receiver if you're just watching the news or something. The receiver can get the sound from the TV, or from the digital audio output of the Replay.

4. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

Don, if your TV has enough inputs, I think the typical scenario is to hook DBS to Replay, and Replay to the TV. That way you can watch Replay, with sound, without needing to turn on the receiver if you're just watching the news or something. The receiver can get the sound from the TV, or from the digital audio output of the Replay.