What's new

Replay TV Rebate (1 Viewer)

Venu Potluri

Auditioning
I am considering purchasing Replay TV. Last night I saw on their web site that they have a rebate promotion till October 15th. How good are these products? I won't need the broadband connection with another replaytv in another room. I will have just one of these in the home. I intend to use them to record programs I can watch later on. Are these worthwhile investments? Thanks.

Brian_Hayden

Auditioning
Just an FYI before you buy:

I recently discovered elsewhere ( I'm trying to re-find it myself ) That Tivo2 is coming out this fall. ( hence a sale of the existing stock )

DirecTV is going to be aggressively promoting a unified SAT receiver with Tivo2 integrated.

From what I remember, Tivo2 basically utilizes better video compression for better quality while giving better storage usage. ( otherwise not too much change. It is just a customized PC, just like the x-box. )

The preferred setup uses a dual receiver dish.

A line I remember ( which is why I'm trying to refind it ) is about a planned existing client upgrade offer. I'm not sure if existing meant ANY existing DirecTV users (including any non tivo users) or only for existing TIVO integrated users.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks