What's new

Replay 3030 and DishNetwork 6000 (1 Viewer)

HiHoStevo

Agent
Real Name
Steve
I am trying to connect a Replay 3030c unit I just purchased to my DishNetwork 6000 receiver......

All of the connections are fine and I have updated the 2.3 software to 3.0. However I cannot find a code for the IR Blaster that will work my Dish 6000 receiver! I fear the only way to get this working is in the "fine-tuning" menu, but I am not excited about playing in there without some guidance.

I have also tried two different IR Blasters in case one was bad, neither has been able to control my 6000. With DishNetwork receivers you have to use the IR Blaster for control. The serial connection only functions with DTV receivers.

Has anyone else tried this combination? If so can you provide some HELP, pretty please!

Thanks,

Steve

HiHoStevo

Agent
Real Name
Steve
I have tried that code and it is not working on my machine...

Are you using that code with a 6000?

Steve

HiHoStevo

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the help.........

The problem was... if you go into the system info screen I had changed the UHF remote frequency from the default of "1." You are allowed to set this anywhere between 1 and 15 to keep your neighbor's DishNetwork UHF remote from changing your channels.

However, if you change it off the default of "1" apparently the Replay IR unit can no longer talk to it. It must do something to the IR frequency as well as the UHF.

I do not know if any of the others will work ( 7 and 9 do not), but at least I am glad to be able to get the replay unit working.

thanks,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks