What's new

Replacing the BOSE (1 Viewer)

Johnny Halo

Auditioning
I talked my neighbor into replacing his pos BOSE speakers with some towers and possibly the center and the rears in the near future. He's using one of the higher end Denon recievers/dvd players. (Sorry I don't know the exact model) But anyways, I suggested he look into getting some Energy C9's, but he's willing to spend a little more money if there is something better for the $2000 range.

Does anyone know of any good audio shops in Orange County California? We live in Irvine. Also what is a good, reliable website to order speakers from? I'm looking for a place to show him some other brands such as B&W, and the only place I know that even carries Energy is the Good Guys, which mark up their speakers 50%.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

Welcome to the forum.

Don’t be put off by this figure Johnny, it is a not uncommon percentage. B&M stores in particular have a lot of overhead to cover. One of the reasons that I agree with Mike’s suggestion of looking at some of the Internet-direct companies.

$2,000 would get your friend a very fine set of speakers.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Since this thread will inevitably involve specific make/model recommendations, I've moved it here to Speakers/Subwoofers. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level. Welcome aboard, Jhonny, and good luck in steering your neighbor down the path of sonic righteousness.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Could look at the OdysseyCirce mains, Epiphany surrounds, and Nemesis center. That goes for $1,985 plus shipping but does not include a sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks