What's new

Replacing special edition DVD cardboard cases (1 Viewer)

David Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
What can one do to replace one of those cardboard(is that right) cases some of those special edition DVDs come in? For example, Fight Club, Seven, Tombstone, Pearl Harbor, etc?
I ask because I discovered my Unbreakable case had a big gash on it, and I'd like to have it replaced somehow, without having to buy a whole new copy of the DVD. (Yes, I am truly that anal.) :D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hmm, looks like its not as unbreakable as it says it is.. :p)

Maybe if you just got it, yo can trade it in at the store???

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I downloaded a replacement cover at http://www.dvdcoverart.com , already sized for a plastic case. Then I ordered a 2-disk slim amaray case from http://www.inetdvd.com. (Actually, I ordered a crapload of cases,all my DVD's must have identical hub-designs, I am so anal)
Then when the cases arrive, slip the 2 disk's into the plastic case (The 2-disk slim amaray is identical to what you get with the signature series of Gladiator, or A.I. Artificial Intelligence DVD, to name a few).
Fight Club has a book you can fit in the case, but Se7en needs a chapter listing download, also available at DVDcoverart.com
If you really wanted a new cardboard box case, I guess you'll just have to buy a new one:frowning:

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
When you download those covers how do u print them so that they are the right size? 8 and 1/2 bye 11 doesn't fit the standard dvd case

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I discovered my Unbreakable case had a big gash on it, and I'd like to have it replaced somehow, without having to buy a whole new copy of the DVD.
Here's what you do...

Go to your local video-rental shop and kindly ask them if they would be willing to exchange covers with you. They generally don't care too much about the display boxes, so you have nothing to lose by asking.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Matt, that website rocks... I no longer need to avoid snap-cased titles. Thanks for putting in the hours, dude.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Matt,

That's a great resource you have put together there!

BTW, an excellent paper is Great White Imaging & Photo Paper, which is 37 lb. matte coated on both sides and pretty cheap. You can get it at Office Max and Office Depot. Downside is, as far as I know, it isn't available in 8.5 x 14. Do you have any suggestions for good papers that size?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks