Replacing Paradigm CC-350 with In-wall behind acoustically transparent screen?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by David Grove, Nov 21, 2003.

1. David Grove

David Grove Stunt Coordinator

Building a new HT room in a new home. From previous system, I have Monitor 7's, CC-350, ADP-350's and PW-2200.

Due to space restrictions forcing an over (or under) screen location for CC-350, I'm wondering about replacing CC-350 with a Paradigm In-wall (which one?). Would then use an acoustically transparent screen (pretty close to the In-wall). The Monitor 7's would remain on either side of the screen (i.e., not behind it).

So, there are several issues-- timbre matching the Monitor 7's with the In-wall, and the In-wall located behind the screen while the Monitor 7's are in front of it. If I did this, I would use a Stewart Microperf.

I can't try this as an experiment (without buying both screen and speaker), and wouldn't expect to find any comparable setup at any Paradigm dealer (nearest one is 2 1/2 hours by air, anyway).

Any informed guesses or speculation on:
    1) What Paradigm In-wall would be appropriate?
    2) Would In-wall behind screen and Monitor 7's beside it hurt a seamless blend between Mains and Center?

Maybe I should just go back to plan A, and mount CC-350 in soffit.

Thanks for any comments.

DG

2. Heath_E

Heath_E Stunt Coordinator

What projector are you going to be using? If it is an LCD, I wouldn't use a perforated screen due to bad interaction with screendoor effect. Actually, if I were you, I would just get a regular screen and mount the CC-350 below it, aiming it up to ear level.

3. David Grove

David Grove Stunt Coordinator

Using a DLP (NEC LT-150).

Yeah, I'm thinking I should just forget about trying to locate center behind the screen.

DG