What's new

Replacing my 53HS10 (1 Viewer)

Shan

Auditioning
I bought a Song RPTV MODEL:53HS10 last year in Aug. and after three months of owning it I started having problems... every time I would turn the TV on there would be no picture.. and the "standby" light would blink five times. And in order for me to get the picture i would have to turn the TV off and turn it back on ( while the light blinks) and then it would work fine... (i think its a COLD start problem) oh so anyways i got that fixed from curcit City.....(the guy from Curcit City replaced these small chips i saw him do it)
and the tv worked fine till NOW!
Okay now what the problem is that - every time i turn on the tv it works fine for 10 mins and then the picture turns off by its self. And even if i turn the tv back on it does the same thing... I AM SO PISSED! i can't watch tv or anything..... I want this Tv replaced but Curcit city says There has be to a problem three times in order for them to replace it - which i don't UNDERSTAND! i have the warrenty
ok so now i had the guy come and look at it today( the same guy) and he said he can't fix it - he has to call SOny tech support and then take the tv to another place to get it fixed........
sounds like a major problems... this is what i'm asking from you guys! please just give me any suggestions - i want to replace the TV i have warrenty and it hasn't been even a years since i've owned this TV .. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET IT REPLACED? anything thoughts or sugggestion might help!
please! i spend alot of money on this tv.

Scott Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
I feel your pain. I had three Sony XBRs 61" TVs all three where crap. Then I upgraded to a pioneer 700 that was crap but now I have a pioneer 710 that I LOVE. I bought mine for a local dealer. I wrote e-mails I screamed I through a fit but finally got my way. Sony service is terrible. my last Sony had lines vertically in the middle of the screen. they came out with a patch 6 months later and it still didn't work. at that point I went on a major e-mail campaign. I down loaded the Japanese conversion for my web browser and started sending e-mails to the top execs. of Sony and the big key is the investor relations department. Investors do not want to hear about un happy customers. Finally Sony paid my dealer to pick up the TV and give me a full refund and thats when I upgraded to the Pioneer 700. That TV would not stay locked in converge. Pioneer upgraded me for free to the 710 again e-mails where sent but not as strong as to Sony. It was not easy you got to bitch and moan. With Circuit City I would go in talk to the manager of the store in the middle of the TV area at a busy time and get loud. Do not leave there until they give you back the money for your TV. If that doesnt work then start sending e-mails to all the top execs at circuit city and do not forget investor relations. You'll get your way.

Tony Pic

Auditioning
I have an xbr300, and I am doing the kabooke dance with circuit city tech. He too has to notify sony tech support for my problem.
I assume you have their extended warranty - ESP. I suggest you push hard to have the set removed ASAP. If they have the set longer than 7 days, you'll get a loaner... probably a 19" Quazar :). If you have to have it repaired 3 times to get it replaced, you might as well take credit for the "1st" repair immediately.
I think that the set will be fine after the 1st repair, and you won't have subsequent repairs. You are sort of locked in by the warranty, so you'll have to play by its rules.
The hs10 is a very good set... but these things happen with rptvs.
------------------

Shan

Auditioning
thanks guys for the suggestions...... i'm inbetween the tech support people from Curcit city deciding if they are going to replace my tv... The guy from curcit city has come over and tried to fix it twice , the second time he came was like 3 weeks ago and he said he can't fix it - and that he will have to call Sony tech support and find out from them how to get is fixed. The people at Curcit city tech support told me that if you have problems with your TV three times they will replace it has been twice now that i have had the same problem - if the CC tech support can't help me i am calling their home office in Atlanta and talking to a District Manager.... OH and the store manager told me he can't do anything... and you know whats weird now my TV doesn't do that anymore - the Picture doesn't shut off anymore - nor do i get the error blinking message. but still i am going to get it replaced - because this tv has problems and what happens when my ESP warrenty expiers then i'll end up paying for repairs myself and even if they tell me they can only fix it for now - i will call them back and tell them the problem is still there lying ofcource but i don't care- screw them!
i will keep you guys posted

Shan, not to be a jerk, but just get the tech out there to do the repair, keep your paperwork and if you have a third problem you will get a new tv, the store managers have nothing to do with this desicion, calling a DM more than likely won't get you anywhere, and the worst thing you can do is through a fit in the store, by doing this do you think that the employees are going to go out of their way to help you in the future(answer is NO). Just like service plans on cars, you don't get a new one if yours needs to be repaired, just be patient. By the time the tech comes out the third time there will be new, improved models out for you to pick instead of the same generation televisions. By the way, Circuit City is really focusing on getting back to their roots and getting more high end a/v equipment, we are in discussions with Pioneer Elite for TVs, and I would assume their audio stuff as well. Good luck with the TV.
Cort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks