What's new

Replacing lamp on DLP TV? (1 Viewer)

flblue

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul W
Ok, the "change lamp" warning message just popped up on my screen. Unit is about 5 years old. JVC 70 inch, been a good TV so far. Anyway the part # is TS-CL110U They are sold for around $75 on ebay/ Amazon etc..............but they don't seem to be JVC OEM, which are a lot more $ obviously Do these OEM copies from China etc work ok? Does it make a difference if I don't get it from JVC and I go with an aftermarket lens/housing? Thanks in advance.

tv-tech

Grip
Real Name
Jim Murphy
No, don't waste your money. I buy all my lamps from encompassparts.com they will sell directly to the public. They also sell a "correct" OEM replacement. Good luck, Jim

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jim, if you're still around I have a five yea old Mits 73831 that is in desperate need of a lamp. Does encompass parts sell a Mits lamp and if not where would you recommend and how much should I expect to pay for a lamp?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess he isn't around. Is any one else here?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I replaced the lamp in my Mitsubishi 52631 a couple of years ago (tv eventually went kaput! and replaced it with a cheap Panasonic plasma two months ago). I think I bought it from dlplamps.com. http://www.dlplamps.com/products/mitsubishi-dlp-lamp/mitsubishi-915p049020.html The one I bought was made by Philips and seemed to work well (the bulb wasn't the reason for the kaput! ) I recommend you buy the bulb and housing. Makes it very easy to install.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I installed a Philips bulb and housing in my parent's Sony LCoS TV a couple of years ago, and it's worked fine. I just ordered them another one, as they wanted a spare on hand.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I purchased it via Amazon storefront, but the order was fulfilled by Lamp Monsters LLC. Shipping was still free -- total cost was $59.82. I placed the order on Sunday, and it arrived on Thursday.

tv-tech

Grip
Real Name
Jim Murphy
Sorry,,,didn't realize I hadn't checked it. For Mitsubishi lamps, always get them directly from Mitsubishi. They sell directly to the public at dealer cost. They are usually an Osram brand lamp. But without an Osram OEM cross. So don't try the open market for any Mitsubishi. Sony's and Samsung "almost" always use a Philips brand lamp. I've seen most places carry OEM replacements that hold up just fine. But ask specifically for a Philips brand lamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks